Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
02 Procharged GT 8psi Anderson pp, cams, and simple bolt ons.

I had it dyno tuned for 100% E85 fuel. I got it tuned and it ran fine all the way to redline (for awile). Now my car seems to stutter, chug, or hold back and WOT at 4500+ rpm. I have only 6k miles on it since the tune. Could it be back plugs? Colder weather could effect it? Bad fuel? I have a 255lph fuel pump and a 20amp BAP. need to Clean injectors?

It was tuned with the NGK TR6 spark plugs.

Any suggestions on what could be the prob? Thanks

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
2 things on E85 you need to check for your problem.

Fuel Filter:
when first changing over to E85, fuel filters can clog easily as old gunk from the gasoline deposits in the tank dislodge and get caught in the filter. You should change it about 500 miles after the E85 switch, and then check again about another 1000 miles. It's an easy inexpensive fix.

Fuel Injectors:
For some reason, my injectors get this black tar-like substance on the tip of them after running ethanol for awhile. Take out your injectors and check the tips where the spray comes out to make sure they're not clogged. You can use a small pointy tool and a rag to pick the tar junk off and put them right back in. I think it's somehow related to the cold startup with ethanol, or maybe additivies in the E85 mixture. Not sure.

Both are easy checks, to see if that's your problem.

It could also be a different mixture than the E85 you dynoed with. Summer blend is E85 however Winter blend is actually E70 (still called E85 though) which richens the mixture. If you have a wideband gauge you can actually see what's going on in this dept.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot man. I am going to change my plugs/fuel filter, clean injectors/and wait for the summer blend E85 to take it to red line. I think that has a lot to do with it.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
You can actually purchase E98 pretty easily and just mix your own E85 in a 5 gallon can. I contacted the local petroleum company that supplies the local E85 stations, and they can fill whatever container I bring them. So I bought a 30 gallon drum online, and will be taking it down there to have it filled and mix my own fuel.

Let us know if that fixes your problems.

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you still can't figure it out, call Dan Schoneck at Schoneck Composits in MN, he knows pretty much everything about "the corn" as he calls it and Prochargers.

·
Registered
492 Posts
another thing to look at is the fuel rail pressure sensor. mine was doin that because my fuel rail pressure kept droppin between 1 and 3 psi. so if you have a hand held like a predator or sct you can check it easy. it will be listed as FRP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts