Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just about fiished upgrading my car, I changed over to a D1 Procharger. My problem is when I was checking the oil in the Procharger I put the dipstick into the headunit and when I pulled it out the black plastic piece on the end of the cable did not come back out. It did not get caught on anything and the cable is not fraid or anything it looks like it came un bonded from the cable. Anyone had this problem? or know how to get it out?

·
I am the Stig
2,329 Posts
Well, I wouldn't run it, thats for sure. You're gonna have to pull the blower off and see if you can get if out of one of the bolt holes. If you can, split the case. Undo all the allen bolts around the perimeter, then use a hard plastic pry tool so you don't damage the case in splitting it. You only need to take the back off. Other option, ship it to Procharger.

Disclaimer: Don't blame me if you jack your blower up.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Bummer. But does it really matter? I mean......who can actually see the oil on that black plastic piece anyway!
true.....very true

·
Registered
492 Posts
ya that sucks. can u see it at all down in there.

·
Registered
709 Posts
see if you can get a skinny extractor claw in there

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got it out, but had to take it back off. Better than having to send it off. What a chezzy dipstick though. The black piece was just barely stuck to the cable. I will be making something better to use.

·
Registered
492 Posts
o ya most def.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts