Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to post the final results of my Kenne Bell installation project.

As some know, Nitrous Pete and his crew handled the whole installation job.

The project began with a brand new, perfectly mint DS Gray 03 with 500 miles on it (thanks again, Sam!).

I purchased the polished version of the Kenne Bell kit with most bells and whistles: blower, boost-a-pump, KB/Accufab Throttle body, all pulleys, KB flip chip...

I also purchased the #55 injectors from Alan Kennedy, Injector Dude (who, BTW, I recommend highly for everyone)

Anyway, the install went flawlessly. The car ran nearly perfect. Nitrous Pete recommended the 3" pulley for street application with pump gas so that's the way we went.

Initially, I had a slight idle problem. The car would hold a high idle and also the idle would "race" when the car was in motion. In other words, when in neutral approaching a stop sign, it would hold at like 1700 RPMs until I was at a complete stop.

We weren't sure if it was in the tune or the TB itself. Pete did lots of research, tried a few changes in the chip but to no avail. He then hooked up the scan tool to the car and discovered that the throttle position Sensor (TPS) was somewhat high. He managed to adjust this with some 'tweaking' and now the car is 100% perfect!

Now when I say that the car is perfect, I don't use that description lightly. It is NO DIFFERENT from a stock car but for the 550 RWHP! And the single blade throttle body makes for AMAZING go pedal response.

The KB flip chip was scrapped in favor of Pete's Diablo Delta chip...one tune for pump gas and one for strip...ALA 10.06 style (same tune).

I finally decided on a CAI for the new beast and it went on today...the JLP unit. EXTREMELY HIGH QUALITY PIECE!

All of these years, all of my efforts, money and time into Mustang projects...I was always chasing after this idea I had in my head of the ultimate Mustang and never got there. In fact, my repeated frustration and wasted time/money damn near discouraged me right out of this scene.

Well, I have that dream machine right now.

Thanks for everything, Pete.

·
Registered
244 Posts
hey Hammer, glad to hear that the car is running great and that you are happy with it. Good luck w/ it buddy. Do you have any pics of the JLP CAI unit by anychance? I'd love to see what it loosk like. Thanx

Matt

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Hammer congrats on your car.:D It's stories like these that make me regret buying my 01 over the 03. So when you going ot share some pics of this beast? I'm dying to see that polished KB!!!

Razor.

·
Registered
404 Posts
That is so cool, I am sure I will have to start looking that way myself. I also have the JLP CAI and just love it, I got 3 more MPH over the UPR I had.

G

·
Glad its all good Hammer! Pete and PJ's are doing a great job!!
Sure are going to be alot of fast DSG 03 Cobra's on the streets around here. So far 3 modified ones I know of.

Hot Rod(hope Hammer gives me a couple carlengths lead)Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
92 Posts
Congrats HAMMER! So now you've got TWO daily drivers! ;-)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thats awesome!! im with matt. I wanna see this JLP kit.. Im already sold on it tho!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Will any single blade throttle body work with the KB? In other words, if I buy a Billetflow throttle body for my stock blower/manifold, can I just bolt it up to the Kenne bell later?
Mike

G

·
Yes, but the KB's placement of the mount for the throttle and cruise control cables are a bit different from stock.

So you will need to specify that the TB is going to be installed on a KB when ordering.

I will have to install a different throttle cam on the TB, from what we normally install.

If you already owen a BilletFlow TB, you OR I will have to swap the throttle lever and cam.

````````````````````````````````````````````

Our cam is designed (dimensionally) just like the stock throttle lever, for proper throttle cam profile, pedal feel and pedal height.

Our placement of the cruise control button is also in the stock location, for proper cruise control function.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
42 Posts
Blades said:
Thats awesome!! im with matt. I wanna see this JLP kit.. Im already sold on it tho!!
Here are some pics of mine:

I circled where the duct from the foglight insert connects to the box:

Headlight removed for max air:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Thanx for the pics totaled. It looks like a real sweet set up. it's def something I will look into. Thanx again
matt

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Hammer and Chill did U guys retain the normal 6inch open ended conical that comes with the JLP kit??? Just wondering??

·
Registered
122 Posts
Wow. nice CAI.

Matt: Me and another 03 cobra owner want to purchase this kit as well. Lets put together a group buy!! Im sure other people will love this kit!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hammer: Thumbs up to you for having 1 awsome Cobra!;) I'm glad to hear your very happy with the end results with the KB and with Pete *tuning* your beast! No doubt with pete using his years of experience and tuning ability's you will continue to be very pleased! Pete knows his stuff! His 03 speaks for itself! Pete and i have the same perspective on the performance market. we want to put you and all our customers out front! We want to give you performance parts with *Honest* Gains! We not only want ourselves to be out front but want ALL our customers to be right there beside us. So we all can enjoy this venture together!:D ..I would like to thank you publicly for Choosing our AirKit. I'm sure you will be very pleased with the end result..We have had great success with this kit making huge MPH and low et's. Thats why its on my car and many others who have been making record times! Again Good Luck and we look forward in racing together again.....:) JL

·
Registered
661 Posts
Johnny I installed your air kit I my car also and the fit was fine ,
I feel the power in the seat of my pants, top end . I will post the et when I go to atco on fri. I need every tenth :)
nitro

·
Registered
41 Posts
HAMMER said:
All of these years, all of my efforts, money and time into Mustang projects...I was always chasing after this idea I had in my head of the ultimate Mustang and never got there. In fact, my repeated frustration and wasted time/money damn near discouraged me right out of this scene.

Well, I have that dream machine right now.
This month's MM&FF talked about an "Ultimate Street Mustang" and your car would certainly hang, if not smoke what they had to offer... There was a calling for entrants for the final version, I think you would have a shot at taking the prize, Hammer.

Other dudes: Count me in on a CAI GP...

·
Registered
661 Posts
I think you have to by the whole kit, Just sell your old one
nitro

1 - 20 of 28 Posts