Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working on a project for a while now and been posting it in another forum so thought I'd share it with all my forums and let people see and enjoy it, and share what they think is the best for it.

It is my first project ever on a car and am like 65% done.

A little summary about this project

Its a 1995 Mustang V6 bought for $695 Japan spec and really clean, Working properly But Just needed a New fuel pump. So the dumbest thing I did was not fix it and register it. But anyway, I started the fun part which is tear down process N so far the car is stripped fully naked without any wiring harness without any engine parts.
So far I have a 3v Stroked engine off a 2005 Mustang GT with all it's wiring harness from a good friend of mine.
I also have ordered

Suspenson:
MM XD Adj. Rear LCA, with swaybar mount
MM 4-bolt Caster/Camber Plates
UPR Bumpsteer Kit, Power Rack
Steeda Drag Springs - '79-'04
Competition Engineering Antiroll Bar
UPR Chrome-Moly K-Member Kit, Spring rate: 14-130, Rack bolt upgrade, Motor mounts
UPR Pro-Series Chrome Moly Double Adjustable UCA
Strange Engineering adjustable rear shock
Lakewood 90/10 drag struts

Diffrential :
Moser 31 Spline C-Clip Axles
Eaton Detroit True-Trac 8.8" 31 Spline LSD
FRPP 4.30 gears
Master diff bearing kit
T/A Diffrential Cover

Interior was Dusty.. Didn't even bother to clean it. Lol.

Tear Down Begins

Interior Tear down.

Fuel Tank take off .

Ohh Yeah..
The old owner of this car Had no balls..

OOOPPPS we forgot the AODE hanging on the jack and my cuzin leaned on the car and look what happened when it fell off... ( PS: we didnt kknow how to remove oild from a V6's AODE. )

wohoo

Got the car stripped all naked except for the rear bumper. and tail lights..
took me few days because I painted my garages floor that epoxy paint, and it looks more professional now.
Got the suspension parts and cleaned the engine bay.. going to paint it by tomorrow. black ofcourse
Oh Yeah.. I figured I'd save few bucks since my budget got lower after I bought heads and cams for my 06 GT. lol so I went and bought me a 2004 Mustang GT transmission with pedals, Shift Boot, Heat resist boot. Need to get me a clutch,..

Pictures.

The Freakin 3V 5.0 Stroker Biatch..

Annnnnd The work continues :

Me ..

How the bitch sits now.

Cleaning the engine bay..

V8 Driveshaft Arrived.. Looks exactly like the v6 one but only one minor diffrence

Got the engine bay painted.. Ready to work on.
K-member installed;not that hard ; I give it 3 from 5; which 5 being the hardest..
A-arms installed ; 2 from 5;
in process ( Installing maximum motorsports camber plates.. ) too much work complicated and I rate 4 from 5.

. I wont be installing the fron sway bar..

haha automatic makes me laugh

Eff you automatic transmission

can anyone spot the difference ?

how about this one ?

mms adj.camber plates installation

before drilling..

after drilling

[glow=red,2,300]Does anyone know what these are used for ? I found it lying with the package.. [/glow]

I installed the MMS caster camber plates..
install the coilovers on the lakewood struts but came across a problem
Difrential arrived today from sand blasting.. since it wsa raining all night long the dumbas dude had it outside which it got a teeni tiny layer of rust ..
I sanded the rust away and painted it rust stop spray paint of 2 layers.. and a teeni tiny clear coat layer will be on top if needed tomorrow.
my brothers SLR camera arrived too so some pics will be better looking later on .. dont ask me what camera it is I will post pics of it lol
And now I leave you with todays progress and after the pictures I have questions that needs to be answered.

Sexy huh ?

And the diffrential arrived...
Let me post a pic of it BEFORE..

when it arrived...

10 mins after it arrived

25 mins after it arrived

30 mins after it arrived

here is the pictures of the coilover with struts ready to be installed

the problem am facing is that I can't install the coilovers on the struts because of this

Spaghetti anyone ?

Thats all, the pics I have so far.. I am waiting for few parts on order like

2001-2004 MGW shrt shifter
Mustang 4.6 A/C Delete Kit from Ford Racing
FORD RACING HD ALUMINUM DRIVESHAFT
4.6 SOLID ENGINE MOUNTS
1983-2004 MUSTANG 1000HP (SLEEPER TANK) wohoo

All that will be confusing me wiring the v6 key to the 05 harness I WANT HELP FOR THAT.

Once the car is runing and ready to rip streets I will start the Turbo order.

I am thinking of a
precision T-76 with ball bearing
all pipings will be custom made.
not sure where to get the exhaust manifold.. any places ?

Thanks and sorry fot the long post.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Wow that is an awesome build. Good luck!! I think I need a sponsor:tip:

·
Wangan GTO
1,425 Posts
Where are you guys in the world ? The only reason I asked is because you said you car was Japan spec and I don't know of any that made it to the states. Either way,looks like you got one hell of a build on your hands.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ohh,, Nah am not in the states man. am from United Arab Emirates ( AbuDhabi ) .. U may know the place by the name of Dubai. but were not in dubai it sucks full of indians.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Nice.... cant wait to see it done.

·
"Do Work"
1,646 Posts
Wow! Awesome project! Keep the pictures coming!?

Are there many cars over there, of that caliper?

·
Wangan GTO
1,425 Posts
Ohh,, Nah am not in the states man. am from United Arab Emirates ( AbuDhabi ) .. U may know the place by the name of Dubai. but were not in dubai it sucks full of indians.
Roflmao.....ahhahhahah.....Gotcha man.....

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update

Me installing the IMRC delete plates on the 3v engine.

HAHA My bro bringing in the transmission after he cleaned it outside.

The Quadrant, Cable and the firewall adjuster being installed ...

The engine mounts arrived

A/C DELETE KIT

And as some of you might not know this. But in order to fit a 3V engine onto a older model bodies, the headers have to be from a 2v because the bent on the 3v headers will be hitting the firewall.. and in order to install the FPS and pedal from older model you need the conversion kits as well.. I didnt need them because I am installing electronic throttle pedal.

Crap parts being installed in here..

Clutch install

I know one bolt is missing I installed it after takin the pic

My cuzin ABOOD

It was only me and my cuzin that time so we had to call for help..
Meet our Cooker.. LIAQAT .. bengladish.. he sleeps, sits and watchs tv more than he work.

in the mean time it was raining ..

Engine being installed

THE 3V BIATCH INSTALLED , hehe after removing the headers and the brake booster ..

Where can I get a smaller brake booster that will fit fine ?

DIFFRENTIALL READY

IS THIS OK ??

and NOW its the moment some of you were waiting for that never expected it was coming. lol

OHH YEAH installeing 05+ gauge in a 95..
Sorry I dont have a step by step pic on this one.. it was 2:am when I started working on the gauge cluster fitting..

There is more work to be done to fill those gaps here and there ..It needed time and it was late.. next weekend am continuing work..

So far we solved many hard issues .. but the more we solve them is the more we get into crappier issues.

Let me list them.

Brake booster ( We need smaller ) <-- 96+booster ordered .
Trans mount ( ordered )
Rear axle studs( ordered )

Now for the real shitty deal.

Connecting the 05+ harness to the 99-04 GT transmission harness ( HOW ) ?

Connecting the Tail lights to 05+ harness ( Help )

Connecting the 05+ harness to 95 v6 key ( I know I will have to dissable the pats but Exactly what should I connect to ? )

Custom Mount for the 05+ pcm and Fuse box ( Need to make as much space as possible for turbo )

Installing the Fuel pump ( No freaking Idea )

·
Registered
256 Posts
for the fuel pump, drop the fuel tank remove the lid on top and you will see the pump sitting in a white basket in the tank, its like 4 little screws to take the pump out.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
for the fuel pump, drop the fuel tank remove the lid on top and you will see the pump sitting in a white basket in the tank, its like 4 little screws to take the pump out.
Yeah I ordered the Glenn's performance Dual fuel pump with sleeper tank.

So its a hell of a different story.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Good thread subscribing,tell your cousin he's my hero,carrying a 3650 in sandals (lol)he maybe the craziest bastard on this site :rockon:If you ever come to the states I'm buying him a beer :beerchug:

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hahah.. that 3650 lifter is my bro.. my cuzin is the one who is pushing the 3v motor.

·
Wangan GTO
1,425 Posts
Nice pics on the update man ! So when we gonna boost this bish ?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well.. she's missing few parts and we cant seem to find them in the scrapyard.. and new ones would take 15 days to order from the dealer..

rear axles studs ( 10 peices) we lost our older ones
all peices required to convert from 95 to +96 brake booster shit..
Transmission bracket ( the auto one got fkd up so I cant upgrade it ) lol

and wiring few stuff like the key's
tail lights
Head lights
Wipers
Transmission older 3650 to new 05 harness
and installing the fuel pump

once all that shit is done.. she's gonna go to the body shop for paint work and then directly to an exhaust guy for a custom exhaust setup .. register the car.. then off it goes to get a custom turbo .

·
Wangan GTO
1,425 Posts
Well.. she's missing few parts and we cant seem to find them in the scrapyard.. and new ones would take 15 days to order from the dealer..

rear axles studs ( 10 peices) we lost our older ones
all peices required to convert from 95 to +96 brake booster shit..
Transmission bracket ( the auto one got fkd up so I cant upgrade it ) lol

and wiring few stuff like the key's
tail lights
Head lights
Wipers
Transmission older 3650 to new 05 harness
and installing the fuel pump

once all that shit is done.. she's gonna go to the body shop for paint work and then directly to an exhaust guy for a custom exhaust setup .. register the car.. then off it goes to get a custom turbo .
You know if you need anything the guys here will take care of you ? As for the axle stuff sounds like a good excuse to order ARP.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lol. Got ya there man... But trust me.. when You have the car with the motor in it.. you just WANA RUN IT.. and not wait another week for an order.

Should've ordered them last 2 weeks :( stupid me.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts