Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do yourself and your drivetrain a favor and buy the HorsepowerByHermann/Amazon Racing anti-hop kit. I can't believe that a set of shocks has made such an enormous difference in my car. In fact, my last post on svtperformance.com on the hop subject was titled "Wheel Hop Makes Me Want to Sell." Well, Hermann and Rick's kit have erased that stupid thought from my mind. I was skeptical that shocks alone would do it, but it actually works 100% as advertised. I am using them with the stiffness adjusted to the max and don't find the ride to be significantly harder. ** I have no affiliation with HBH or Amazon, just giving my honest experience. **

Now that the dreaded wheel hop is effectively solved, my new "problem" is tire traction... which is a great "problem" to have from my new "hop solved" perspective. Plus, from everyone I have talked to, installing Nitto 315s at the rear will dramatically improve the traction issue (particularly when it's warm or when the tires get heated up when it's cold). Anyway, I would recommend that anyone with a hop problem should buy the HBH/AR kit with your very next paycheck. I'm getting the Nittos soon and will post on the combination. GOD, I AM SO GRATEFUL TO HERMANN & RICK.

Bassani catted x-pipe and cat-back, Densecharger CAI, 2.80 pulley with Gates belt, Diablo Delta chip, hood blanket removed, Pro 5.0 shifter with MGW handle, KB strut tower brace, KB lower chassis brace, KB super subframe connectors, Horsepower By Hermann/Amazon anti-hop kit, and MGW locking fuel door. 462.1 HP/500 TQ SAE

·
Registered
260 Posts
Insert your commercial here....:p LOL , but I have heard nothing but positive things about this setup.

Jayson

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know that sounded like a commercial, but I'm a believer and wanted to let folks know that there IS a solution to the evil wheel hop problem... at least by my experience.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I guess the real question is.... Did it "solve" all the wheelhop, or only help?

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Seems like everyone is running these on max stiffness. Maybe they need to be stepped up a notch so that the max setting is more in the middle of the adjustment range????

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
settings and valving

We valved the shocks like this on purpose, we found the amount needed to ELIMINATE the hop, and also left enough adjustment for the long trips when you wanted a BETTER, SOFTER ride than the factory stuff provided for the best of both worlds........ :D

·
Registered
404 Posts
Well don't post the good results on SVT unless you want to be attacked......ha ha ha what a bunch of losers. Hey you are right, I tried hard this weekned to hop and could not. I was hoping on getting to the track and come back with all the results, but it took a little longer working on the Lightning, so the Cobra missed out. I ran it on the street hard and I mean hard with no hop. I will be out of town next week but if I can find a track around the Temple, Fort Hood area I will run there and let you know.:D

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Re: settings and valving

hpbyhermann said:
We valved the shocks like this on purpose, we found the amount needed to ELIMINATE the hop, and also left enough adjustment for the long trips when you wanted a BETTER, SOFTER ride than the factory stuff provided for the best of both worlds........ :D
Makes sense. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts