Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to take the plunge and get a 2.93 pulley and custom burned chip for my cobra but in the back of my mind I am worried about any possible engine or supercharger problem that can come with it. Were our cars built to handle this much PSI? I know my warranty will be voided and I wouldnt be able to afford large repairs such as an engine swap or anything. Call me paranoid, but I'd just like some reasurrance from you guys...the experts. Will the car be running strong still after 50,000 miles? I know there are no garantees because these are so new no one has that many miles on their car yet. But whats the most miles anyone has on their car with a chip and pulley? Has there been any problems linked or related to a chip and pulley upgrade? Thanks, I appreciate any info you all can give.

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Im not so worried about the car being able to handle the mods as I am just the car developing problems. Im pretty convinced that if your going to develop a problem it will have happened with or without mods, however the mods will make it hard to get covered for service.

I myself have about 11k miles on my 2002 F150 supercrew XLT (hot harley) and it is lifted 5" (suspension) has 35" tires, #42 injectors, 90mm MAF, 255lph in tank pump, plasma booster, ATI Procharger running 12PSI boost and to date (*knock on wood*) I have not had one problem.

Having said all of that, my financial situation just took a huge turn for the worse and I am sitting here looking at my new KB wondering if I should install it :(

·
Registered
281 Posts
When I special ordered my car I was already ordering parts for my car before the car arrived at the dealership. One of those parts was a 2.8 with chip. Had that and a CAI installed the second day I picked up the car. The car felt good stock but when I put the pulley, chip, CAI. you'll LOVE the POWER. I guess it all depends on you and how you take care of your car. If your going to be making burnout everywhere and over reving the car then your going to have problems (not saying that's what your going to do). Just put the the pulley and chip and you won't regret it.

Casper03

1 - 3 of 3 Posts