Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so these so called "dinosaur" motors have an over-horsepower relief on them called a pushrod? What I heard on the corral was that pushrods just sit inside of the motor then when the PCM detects an over-horsepower condition these pushrods bend or break. Is this true?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Actually the push-rod theory is not true. The over-horsepower dectection system, is actually the head gaskets, usually the drivers side right between cylinders 7 & 8. Just ask Rdrunnr.

·
Registered
47 Posts
ModMan said:
so these so called "dinosaur" motors have an over-horsepower relief on them called a pushrod? What I heard on the corral was that pushrods just sit inside of the motor then when the PCM detects and over-horsepower condition these pushrods bend or break. Is this true?
You must have the pushrod confused with the 32 valve motors that like to explode the #7 pistons :D

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have seen that type of modular motor..I think its called the Sean Hyland $15,000 special. Pretty sure they are so unique that they only run once and then they have to be replaced. Just ask dave King :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks like it is time for cometic head gaskets. Then there goes your week link. They are making the new modular gaskets for ford. turbo54

1 - 6 of 6 Posts