Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
put the kenne bell on today...not too bad...took most of the day..have a few question if anyone can help..kb's store is closed so i cant call............throttle cable seems real loose but if i manually put a little pressure where it connects to the throttle body..idle goes down..also have a small amount of gas seeping from around the bottom of one injector tweaked with the actual fuel rail a little bit..i thought maybe if it was a littl bent that would keep the injector from seating all the way in??? car starts right up just the idle problem......tommorow the boost a pump goes in and monday hopefully pat at diablo will tune it!! car has 3" mac exhaust and longtubes...curious what power it makes..have a 2.7 and a 3.1 pulley....thanks guys and help appreciated...mike

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
What throttle body, mike? Sounds like either TPS voltage is too high or you have a mechanical problem with the TB.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
throttle body...where the cable end attaches to the ..sorry dont know correct name for it.....piece on the side of the throttle body..where the cruise cable also is attached..if i hold that in my hand while the motor is running and turn a little bit..the idle goes down..you would think the cable is pulling on it but in fact the cable is very loose

G

·
Like Hammer said..check you Throttle Position Sensor's volts. I Have a thread on this site somewhere that states how. Then mod it if you have to ,accordingly.

Also try disconnecting your cruise cable and see what happens.

Hot Rod(I am a great backyard mechanic..but I am leaving my KB install for the professionals like Nitrous Pete)Harry

·
Registered
661 Posts
Make shore you fix the fuel leek, the o ring may have rolled over a tad. Take it back out and installit with vasoline, If you have a throtel prob. call me to explane, nitro

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
All Mustangs have slack in the throttle cable. You can easily tell by pulling on it at the top of the gas pedal. Mine had about 3/16" slack.

The mod is to use a zip tie or some type of spacer to take up that slack at the pedal. Supposed to improve throttle response a lot. Some cars have so much slack that the TB doesn't fully open before the pedal hits the floor. Not good. I'll get around to it fixing mine one day..

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you much.....hot rod harry wins the right answer award...cruise cable was pulling a little too much...easy fix

G

·
mike5876 said:
thank you much.....hot rod harry wins the right answer award...cruise cable was pulling a little too much...easy fix
Good to hear it was something simple. Keep us up to date with the new found POWER!!!!!!

I CANT WAIT FOR MY KB!!!! I WANT IT NOW!!!! :D

Hot Rod(I hate to wait)Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts