Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I need shocks to prepare for the hop this winter. Should I go with QA1's per nitrous pete, or fork over the money for the Amazon Racing shocks? I am going to be racing a lot in colder weather, and I don't wanna lift. :D

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
They work for me..On settings 3 and 4 they are soft like stock..On 6 they truely help with the Hop..I can make it hop ,,But on Warm even surfaces,,,,no hop

·
Registered
404 Posts
Jay and I run the AZ shocks....., which are the same as HPH or at least they use to be. I run mine on 6 all the time. I have QA1s on my Lightning.

·
Registered
122 Posts
How about bushings and MM full coil over? Sometimes bushings take care of most of the hop.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Chillfactor on your AZ shocks do you here rattle or noise from the shocks when going threw bumps on the road? Or anyone with the same shocks list if any noise or problems. The only reason I ask is that mine are getting to me when I go threw bumps or a not smooth straight road.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Jay had that problem and sprayed a little WD-40 on them and it went away. You must also check the rubber bushings at the mounting points.....seems to be a problem as well.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Casper,
I've got the shocks (bought from AR when they first came out) and have had to have them tightened. I'm about to have the car put up on a lift because the clanks and bangs from the right rear have become VERY disturbing. I'm afraid to drive it right now until my appointment to have them checked.
For the record, I can't make my car hop, even though I've tried. I'm not KB boosted, but running 470/470rhp/rtq. They do work, but these clankings and bangings are worrisome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts