Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the crap going on here lately I need to post a good experience that I had this week with Rob Raymer and QMP.

I originally purchased the QMP exhaust with the first group purchase. I never installed the exhaust due to bad weather and lack of a garage(buying new house with big garage now). So after about 5 months I get the chance to install it. Fit was great and install went easy. And although I did have my doubts, the 4" tips do look good when pulled up close to the bumper..

Well, about a week after I installed the system, I started hearing a buzzing noise from one of the mufflers. I couldn't tell which one it was and it seemed to come and go. I thought to myself that I would be lucky if I could get some kind of credit from Rob on a new set of mufflers being that it was so long ago that I made the original purchase. Well I email Rob and much to his credit, he apologized twice in his email and promised to get a new set of mufflers to me ASAP.. No questions asked.

Now, even with the holiday, I received the new mufflers 8 days later. A slightly different design- straight through versus chambered with the straight through being the new ones. I haven't installed them yet but I'm sure they will be fine.

Thanks Rob for standing behind your product with a no questions asked attitude. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I read over on svtperformance.com that the straight through design was/is an option and is called the Extreme muffler.

·
Registered
69 Posts
There was a problem with the Jig points on the first run of mufflers. To eliminate any possibilty of problems in the future, we started offering a straigh-thru design (Extreme) muffler. HP #'s for both mufflers were the same on the dyno. But there is a little bit of difference in sound. The Extreme's are a little more aggressive.

Thanks KOM for the nice words.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts