Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on a couple other boards too. sorry if it is a repeat for you. :)

I had the LT headers ,x pipe and extreme exhaust put on a week ago. We did two base line dyno runs when the car was stock. Then two before and two after the high flow cats were put in.

Baseline.
372 rwhp,366 torque

Lt headers,o/r x pipe ,3 " exhaust
409 rwhp,388 torque

Same set up as above but removed the straight pipe and put the random tech cats in.
403 rwhp,383 torque

Same dyno all numbers SAE.

I ran the car without the cats for a week. It took a little fun out of driving the car. It was just a little too loud at WOT. It still is pretty loud with the cats on. I will keep them on for piece of mind. I do not want to go through the hassle of taking off the o/r pipes again.

So end result. 31 rwhp and 17 torque for close to 3 grand. Probably not the route to go if you want quick and cheep HP. But
the right route for me if I still want to keep my warranty intact.

Maybe i will toss on a throttle body and CAI next month

:)

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Well think of it this way, you're certainly not going to any exhaust restriction problems down the road, no matter what else you do!

I'd love to hear your setup some time, maybe we'll run into each other at the track.

Bill

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Boost it up and get that FLOW GOING...

nice results:D

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
VERY IMPRESSIVE gains for the amount of power the car is making. With more boost, that gain will exponentially increase.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Hammer arent U still running the stock logs! Damn 617! Props to ya!

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
trey193 said:
Hammer arent U still running the stock logs! Damn 617! Props to ya!
Thanks, man. Yeah, front plumbing still untouched.

I wanna do headers but was told to only open the hood to change oil and spark plugs.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
HAMMER said:
Thanks, man. Yeah, front plumbing still untouched.

I wanna do headers but was told to only open the hood to change oil and spark plugs.

:hammer You Remember what your Uncle Jim Said...:hammer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts