Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I finally swapped to a live axle. I traded the IRS for a liveaxle w/ 4.10 gears.. don't worry, I will be swapping them for 4.56's soon. Everything went fairly smooth except for one thing. one thing that I have never heard mentioned before. It may be that I have just overlooked this part in every other post about the swap.

What the hell do I do about the ABS sensors? the wires are longer on the Cobra than they are on the GT, and the sensors are different from the Cobra to the GT, and also, my Traction Control won't even come on now (not that I mind this part).

BTW, the car feels great w/ out wheel hop and better gears.

The car went 13.75 on regular street tires and wheel hopping in the first 3 gears w/ the IRS. I am hoping for some low, low 13's w/ the 4.10's, live axle, and nittos. :D

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It feels so much better.. I couldn't believe.. I actually like the way the solid axle and eibach springs handle better than the IRS. Before if I was going over bumps in the IRS it seemed to hop across the lane a bit. but not with the live axle.;)

I should have new times this weekend.. if the boss leaves the track early enough. :D

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Tony 96 Cobra said:

What the hell do I do about the ABS sensors? the wires are longer on the Cobra than they are on the GT, and the sensors are different from the Cobra to the GT, and also, my Traction Control won't even come on now (not that I mind this part).
Tony you should of swapped all that with the GT. Not sure about your traction control. My guess is that since your ?ABS sensors aren't hooked up, the TC is not operating either.

Razor.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do I need to cut the wires where they go into the frame rails and just hardwire it back together? I didn't see any connections that could be undone. unless they were at the front of the car. :(

I can still get in touch with the guy I swapped with and get the parts swapped out. I just need to find out exactly what to do so I don't take a whole day doing it again. :eek:

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
You can ramove all the wiring from up front bro. I know we did it with my car and for the life of me I can't fuggin remember the exact details. Dude I am burnt like a piece of toast.:hammer

Razor.

·
Registered
204 Posts
they go up into the passenger compartment and the harness is under the rear seats. just get GT ones and plug and play. Thats how i did it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks.. I will have to check in my car.. since my rear seat is out anyways...:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts