Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my car dyno'd on a portable Dynojet that was trailered in to a car show I attended. There was no A/F capability. I was wondering if these portable units are as accurate as the ones you would find in a shop somewhere ? I didn't get a chance to watch the guy set up the various parameters so I was wondereing if he evn knew what to input. Things like weight for instance. Do they have a computer software package that gives them all that data and they just punch in what year/car type (coupe/vert), etc. ? I did get the dyno sheet when it was all done which I was fairly happy with. Especially since a new WS6 Firebird went just before me and pulled an astounding 301 rwhp. Sounded like he had at least changed out exhaust too.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Any dyno is only as accurate as its calibration and operator and weight is inconsequential. It should have parameters to calculate SAE (with atmospheric conditions) from STD. Your numbers look great for stock, a little low for a full Bassani car, IMO. The T/A also made "stock" numbers and if he also had exhaust mods, I'd say the dyno was reporting a little low...

Are you sure it wasn't a MustangDyno, which (as I understand, places a load on the car, unlike the standard DynoJet) reads somewhat lower?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What the Dynosheet say's is that it was a DynoJet Model 248C. I have a scanner but I can't figure out how to post the image on the board. I tried several ways including using the IMG button, but I guess I must be Brain Damaged tonight. I guess one factor for the lower numbers would that there is the exhaust but no way to get air into the engine to utilize the extra ability to get rid of it. Also, I had just drove the car 45 miles to get ther and right onto the DynoJet with no cool down at all. I agree about the calibration factor being a big one. No telling when they last calibrated it. I need to find me a shop that I know will do the job right somewhere around Orlando, FL. Someone was telling me of a shop called Lamotta's ?? over there. They are supposed to be real good at tuning as well.

;)

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
blucobra03 said:
What the Dynosheet say's is that it was a DynoJet Model 248C. I have a scanner but I can't figure out how to post the image on the board. I tried several ways including using the IMG button, but I guess I must be Brain Damaged tonight. I guess one factor for the lower numbers would that there is the exhaust but no way to get air into the engine to utilize the extra ability to get rid of it. Also, I had just drove the car 45 miles to get ther and right onto the DynoJet with no cool down at all. I agree about the calibration factor being a big one. No telling when they last calibrated it. I need to find me a shop that I know will do the job right somewhere around Orlando, FL. Someone was telling me of a shop called Lamotta's ?? over there. They are supposed to be real good at tuning as well.

;)
If the image you scanned is smaller than 500K (which it should be, since 500k is HUGE for a picture) you can attach it to the forum. Whenever you post, that option is at the very bottom. Otherwise you need to have the image hosted elsewhere to use the

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Eric,
Thanks for the info. on how to add the image. For some reason, I assumed (bad thing) that the IMG option was to add an image and tried to do it using that method. I'll try the bottom option you mentioned next time.

Also, 03_Sonic_Blur...my car had about 900 mlies on it when I had that dyno run done. Hopefully as it breaks in a bit more it will do a little better. ;)

·
Registered
229 Posts
When you get more than 2,000, it will loosen up and make some real power.

I had 16,000 when I dyno'd, and stock SAE was 386 RWHP. A K&N and the snorkel out, 2nd run with 15 minutes ice on the blower.

Tonight a van full of kids pulled up next to me on the way home. I heard "Oooohhh, Cobra" and looked over. The kid on the window says "Spin the tires, you know you want to" and I did want to. I left the light a little into it, and got a little sideways. Much fun, very little throttle needed.

John

·
Registered
229 Posts
Here's the SuperFlow WinDyn Dyno for My Car. I believe the Dynojet produces STD numbers that have to be calced for SAE in the software. The SuperFlow needs to do this.

The SuperFlow has a load option like the Mustang. We didn't use it when we dyno'd.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts