Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody on there 03-04 COBRA run FORGESTAR wheels(F-14s,CF5s,etc), if so post your pictures of your wheels.
Am looking into geting a set of FORGESTAR wheels for my 2003 svt cobra. Does anybody know what offsets for the front and rears. Still running stock IRS.

· Registered
340 Posts
I am not familiar with specific wheels you are looking at, but this won't change the general backspacing needed for your car. You might want to make sure the wheel/spoke design will fit your brakes, but you will probably be fine with stock brakes... I would recommend 6" backspace for the front 18X9" wheels. You could probably go as shallow as 5.75" and be fine. If you decide to go 11" on the rear, you will want 6.75" backspacing. If you go 10" on the rear, you can probably go anywhere between 6" and 5.75". The more shallow the backspacing, the more "flush" your wheels will be with the fender.

Here is a picture of my car with 18X9.5" fronts and 18X11" rears. Backspacing is 9.25" on the fronts, and 6.75" on the rears. This would be the same as your car with 18X9" (with 5.75" backspacing) and 18X10" (with 5.75" backspacing). Of course, if you 11" in the rear, you will want to stick to 6.75" backspace. This general configuration puts the wheels almost "flush" with the fender, doesn't interfer with the stock IRS at all, and doesn't rub the tires on the fender. I do have the fenders rolled though.

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These Are the offsets forgestar offers for there wheels.

SEMI CONCAVE
18"
18×8.5 offsets from +10 to +50
18×9.0 offsets from +16 to +56
18×9.5 offsets from +22 to +62

DEEP CONCAVE
18"
18×10 offsets from +10 to +50
18×11 offsets from +23 to +63
18×12 offsets from +36 to +75

· Registered
6 Posts
hey man i have a 04 cobra and thats how i want my car to look just like your this info you post help me alot how much those wheel cost those are the wheels i want for my car bro i have your car on my as wallpaper ... your car looks sick bro ...

· Registered
340 Posts
These Are the offsets forgestar offers for there wheels.

SEMI CONCAVE
18"
18×8.5 offsets from +10 to +50
18×9.0 offsets from +16 to +56
18×9.5 offsets from +22 to +62

DEEP CONCAVE
18"
18×10 offsets from +10 to +50
18×11 offsets from +23 to +63
18×12 offsets from +36 to +75
I would give the manufacturer a call and tell them what backspacing you want... I have never been able to get my backspacing/offset calculations to match the specs listed by many wheel manufacturers exactly. I think a few of the wheels listed should be close to what you want, and may work. That said, I do not want to be responsible for telling you with certainty one way or the other. Again, the manufacturer should be able to tell you their exact backspace.

hey man i have a 04 cobra and thats how i want my car to look just like your this info you post help me alot how much those wheel cost those are the wheels i want for my car bro i have your car on my as wallpaper ... your car looks sick bro ...
I am not sure if you are referring to my picture or the one Quicktime_GT posted. If you are referring to mine, the wheels are CCW Classics, street versions with a few options. I don't remember exactly what they cost, but somwhere around $600-650 per wheel. You should be able to get a nice used set for somewhere around $2.5K with tires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.