Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently setting up a Lunar Tach w/shift light but need a tach interface.

PHP sells there tach interface for like 289.00 bucks which seems outrageous.

Or there is one that is marketed by:

http://www.randrspecialty.com/autoe...s/mustang2.html

for 49.99

My question is anyone have any experiences with either one of these?? Will the 49.99 one work just as good as the 289.00?? For the price I'm half tempted to try it.

The box looks to be made by the same people who make the traction control device.

Any thoughts??

Thanks,
Tim

·
Bluesmobile
2,121 Posts
AutoMeter sells one at Jegg's for $63. Can't see why the price at Pauls is so far out of line. I almost have to believe that is a misprint, if I hadn't read some of his other prices.
MSD also makes one in the same price range ~$60.

The place you looked at is probably ok too, and should work fine. It uses the crank signal for a pick up.
But they kill you on the shipping. Almost $13 for something about the size of a large pack of cigarettes.

I need one too and haven't decided on any of them yet. I would imagine one is as good as another.

Dana

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dana for the reply. I should have asked Paul when I had the chance. I bought the trick little guage mount he sells but even that at 42.00 was allot for 2 pieces of metal. lol I will ask one of the guys when I purchase my Guage this weekend. I wasn't aware MSD, or Autometer made one also......hmmmmmm :D

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Get the MSD one, then it will work with any of the other stuff if you go to their ignition later down the road.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts