Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im installing a canton oil pan with windage tray, question is should i use 2 oilpan gaskets or just one and wat have u all done,did u guys juts put the oilpan gasket on then windage tray and then sealant n then pan or wat?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I used the stock pan gasket next to the block, then the scraper, the Canton supplied gasket and finally the pan. Works great and no leaks.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I wonder if I should go ahead and put one of these oil pans on since I will be going turbo later? Since I will have to put the K member in, wonder if I could always replace it then?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
It will be really easy to change the oil pan when you do the K-member.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
I wonder if I should go ahead and put one of these oil pans on since I will be going turbo later? Since I will have to put the K member in, wonder if I could always replace it then?
I got my pan from Al.

Anyone have a picture of the tray? I didn't add that.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so rtv the tray to the panm then use oil pan gasket when i install it? im gunn alet the pan n tray sit on the bench and dry with good black rtv then install it

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
If the engine is in the car, it will be hard to get the tray in place if it is stuck to the pan. Also you have to cut the stock scraper toward the front of the engine.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
from what ive heard, you just sandwich 2 oil pan gaskets. One between block and windage tray and one between windage tray and oil pan and it should not leak.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Should work like a charm for you!
Mine with a remote cooler and filter takes almost 10 qts, not to mention the 3 qt Accusump unit.

·
Registered
741 Posts
The windage tray should be sandwiched by two gaskets. I used two stock gaskets. The real question is how much oil should one use? I need 8 qts. just to get it to show up on my dipstick. Supposed to be a 7 qt. pan but when adding a windage tray along with two gaskets you've essentially changed where the dipstick will read.

·
Moving on up...
4,776 Posts
S'bing. Interesting.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Picture?

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Pictures!!!!

Mom!!! Meatloaf!!! Fvck!!!

·
Registered
741 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
That's too funny.

What do you want pics of?
A Canton Windage Tray. OR... some nice natural, pillow-y soft DD sweater puppets!

·
Registered
741 Posts
A Canton Windage Tray. OR... some nice natural, pillow-y soft DD sweater puppets!
Sorry no pics of the windage tray. Plenty of pics of the other request but I dont need to get thrown off ModularFords. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts