Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some measurements from someone with the Maximum Motorsports 6 pt. (RB-6 or RB-7) rollbar (the NHRA legal one!

I am looking for the overall width, length, and height at it's widest points in one piece minus the door bars!
I have a buddy with a 4' x 4' x 5' powder coat oven and we're trying to see if we can fit the rear 4 point section in it!

Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
260 Posts
Ken,
I am in the middle of installing the 7 now. I can take some measurements when I get home.

Chris

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ken,
I am in the middle of installing the 7 now. I can take some measurements when I get home.

Chris
Awesome bro...I appreciate it!

How do you like it, and the fit so far? Any issues with the stock seats or door panels?

Ken

·
Registered
412 Posts
I had it and the fit was dead on. The only thing I didn't like were the way the swingouts open and close. It never lined up perfect and made putting the pin in a hassle but not terrible.

They also said to cut a large chunk out of the rear panels, but I just cut a slit and pulled it apart to slide the bar in. It was a pain but worked. I also just painted mine to match my car and it held up fine with normal auto body paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Awesome bro...I appreciate it!

How do you like it, and the fit so far? Any issues with the stock seats or door panels?

Ken
Ken,
I have always had good luck with MM's products. The main hoop fits good as well as the rear bars. I have Corbeau FX1's which are wide for the car in the first place so I had to move the door bar mounts down and cut the bottom of the door bars themselves. I would imagine with the stock seats you wont have any issues. I didn't want to spend the $ on having it powder coated and paint chips/scratches so I used Chassis Saver on mine (similar to POR-15).

Chris

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
It's a great rollbar. I slotted the rear plastic panels also but they didn't come out very good for 2 reasons. The holes I cut were too small & slightly off, and the slot I cut went down and followed the section forward. It ended up cracking.

I figured I'd just safety wire stitch it up and lay some vinyl over it eventually, but I've been busy with other stuff.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Since Chris is such a friggin slacker, I figured I would throw this up here for you.........52" wide X 44" tall X 24" deep. So it might be a little tight but you should be fine.

--Joe

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome Joe!

Thanks, I think it will fit! His oven is 5' tall and being 4'x4' square it has a corner to corner Max. dimension of 5' 7-7/8". I think it will fit fine on end at an angle!

Ken

·
Registered
260 Posts
Since Chris is such a friggin slacker, I figured I would throw this up here for you.........52" wide X 44" tall X 24" deep. So it might be a little tight but you should be fine.

--Joe
LOL, thanks Joe :tip:. Splitting hairs, the widest point is not the main hoop support brackets it is the rear wheel well support brackets. I measured a couple different ways for you Ken:
A) Main hoop vertical (looking at the main hoop): 55.5" w x 44" high H x 29" D
B) Laying back on all (4) mounting plates: 55.5" w x 32" H x 37" D

Chris

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL, thanks Joe :tip:. Splitting hairs, the widest point is not the main hoop support brackets it is the rear wheel well support brackets. I measured a couple different ways for you Ken:

Chris
Awesome!
Thank you Chris!

KK:tip:

·
Registered
2,933 Posts

Chris
Just get that damn thing installed so we can hit the track in April!!!

--Joe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.