Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm familiar with your work and I was hoping you could answer the following two questions. Tim Stanley is still very happy with your work BTW.

Jerry already answered this to some degree, but he suggested I post this here to get an "official" answer:

1) Is it true that the QUD2 code runs richer than the YDHO code?

2) Is the aftermarket chip setting additive or dictative?
(In other words: If you want a setting of 7 (random number for discussion's sake) and the QUD2 code has a setting of 5 and the YDHO code has a setting of 3, does the chip add 2 to the QUD2 code (and have to be burned specifically for QUD2) and add 4 to the YDHO code (and have to be burned specifically for the YDHO code)? Or does it just mandate 7 regardless?

Thanks in advance :D

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Elapidae said:
Is Chris still here?
I sent him a PM on 1-10-03 and have yet to hear back. Elvis has left the building.

Razor.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Chris can you call me cell 856 217 9692, I have some Ques ?
nitrous pete

·
Registered
36 Posts
Elvis had left the building......

Sorry about not trying to respond to your question...a few things happened....

The start of race season and business went crazy again. (That is a good thing)

And then notification to my email of posts to this forum was disabled........I just figured there was nothing to respond too....

In order to provide the best support I can I have very "little" free time to surf the net (which I agree stinks....but I'd rather try to stay on top of making JMS customers happy).

On the 03' cobras....this is what "I've seen".....

With every new catch code the wot fuel is LEANER.

Ydh0 is alot leaner wot than qud2

What that means in simple terms is this.....

If you put a pulley on a 03, a cold air and exhaust......you will have a VERY LEAN AFR.......like 15:1 at wot.....without a chip.

Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Last part of your question....

Every car is different........(that is why I am in business).

Lets say a 03 Cobra with a YDH0 processor gets tuned to 12:1 afr.....the next YDH0 car you do with the same mods may be 13:1 it may be 11.8:1......it's just the way it is.....

I can say this......that the trend will be the same for both processors.....but the final number won't.

One last thing...if you have a tuneup for a Qud2 car........it will be WAY too lean at wot for the same setup with a YDH0 processor.....I think to date I dyno'ed close to 60 03' Cobras....and have data on at LEAST 50 additional cobras (via. dealers and mail order, etc)......so we have a pretty good handle on the tuneups.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts