Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
or would modular-head be more appropiate? :D

Anyways, a couple questions, hopefully not dumb enough for anyone not to answer.

IMRC: Would it be worth it to delete these or not? Lots of opinions about deleting your imrc plates, which makes it all too confusing. I'll be pushing min. 12lbs of boost, on a daily driver, and to the track roughly once a month or so. I'll be runnning an EPEC on my '98 so hopefully this info may help you guys with your opinion.

PULLING MOTOR: Alrighty, this question may seem alittle funny but after removing everything on the motor for it to be pulled, i'm having a problem figuring out where exactly would i be putting the bolts to attach the chain on the hoist. This would help guessing and the chances of the motor being dropped.

Thanks!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Not sure about the IMRC question, but as far as pulling the motor, I used an engine leveler an hooked the chain the the back header bolt on the passanger side and to the front header bolt on the driver side.

Alot of guys use the bolts on the bellhousing and some use the alternator bolt, but I'm not exactly sure how that would work but that's what I've heard.
If you can fab up brackets similar to these, it's much easier to drop the motor back in. Just watch the clearance by the firewall and the master cylinder on the driver side (if you're leaving that in the car).

Good luck
Darren

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
4V_GTS said:
Not sure about the IMRC question, but as far as pulling the motor, I used an engine leveler an hooked the chain the the back header bolt on the passanger side and to the front header bolt on the driver side.

Alot of guys use the bolts on the bellhousing and some use the alternator bolt, but I'm not exactly sure how that would work but that's what I've heard.
If you can fab up brackets similar to these, it's much easier to drop the motor back in. Just watch the clearance by the firewall and the master cylinder on the driver side (if you're leaving that in the car).
Good luck
Darren
Those brackets looks like it came from Ford. Header bolts are a PIA to put in/take out when its in the car, and i just don't see the clearance at all, especially the passenger side. Using the bellhousing route is the only thing that i'm gonna probably use, the 302's are done in that way, i figure our motor might be have a recommended way other than fabricating hardware. ;) Thanks for your reply!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts