Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

For those that install and tune cars with KB's new blower, I have a quick question. In MM&FF it was said that Jim Bell recommends hooking up "boost pressure" to the FRP sensor. My question is this, I've hooked up a boost/vacuum gauge to the FRP sensor and it shows that the FRP reference is already lower manifold pressure/vacuum. So, what is difference between stock and KB's setup? I understand *why* you'd want to reference fuel pressure to manifold pressure (so that the Delta_P across the injectors remains constant with boost), I just don't see why what KB recommends is any different than what Ford already designed.

Thanks,

MJ

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
answer to question

He said that only because the plastic vacuum line that is factory to the frp sensor isn't used, in fact it is blocked off and plugged....with the design that kenne bell uses you run a new rubber vacuum line from the manifold pressure fitting on the blower mounting plate to the frp.....hope this helps....hermann

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: answer to question

hpbyhermann said:
He said that only because the plastic vacuum line that is factory to the frp sensor isn't used, in fact it is blocked off and plugged....with the design that kenne bell uses you run a new rubber vacuum line from the manifold pressure fitting on the blower mounting plate to the frp.....hope this helps....hermann
Thanks for the reply hermann. I understand that the stock plastic vacuum line is not used and a new line is routed from the nipple on their machined aluminum plate under the BARO sensor. However, I'm still unclear as to why this is necessary and why the article made it sound like routing actual boost pressure to the FRP sensor is some novel and important new concept when the stock Ford system appears to do this very thing. Is it solely because the stock rigid vacuum line with rubber fittings can't handle potentially *high* boost pressures seen with the KB kit and lose their integrity (i.e. blow off, split, etc.)?

Thanks,

MJ

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
hoses

I don't feel that it's the plastic hoses not being able to handle the boost.....it's just that plastic line and another to the factory bypass valve(which isn't used because the kenne bell bypass only has one vacuum fitting instead of 2 like the factory one) aren't used anymore.....hermann

1 - 4 of 4 Posts