Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i never got a chance to take in my 06 gt in for the recall on the airbag, and im planning on taking it in next week, most likely monday. well i called tillman speed because they are the ones who tuned my car. they said when i take it in, for me to reflash the car back to stock.

my problem is that i have a C&L cai, delete plates, gears, longtubes and pullies. he told me to put back the stock cai back on, but i forgot to ask him about the delete plates.

so my question is...Is it okay to leave the mods on and simply reflash back to stock? or do i take both the cai & plates off? and, Whats the problem w/leaving the mods and the new tune on?

thanks guys, really need this info, thanks. :help:

·
Registered
564 Posts
same here

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I had no problem with mine. I did tell them up front that I had a tune on the car and they said no problem. I waited about 15 minutes very quick

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
The recall is only a reflash of the restraint control module, not the PCM. If there is an updated tune from Ford for your PCM then they will be prompted to flash the PCM as well but the tech can select not to update the PCM and only performn the update on the RCM. Personally I elected not to have the RCM reflashed on my car as the recall only applies when the passenger seat is all the way forward and someone of very small stature is sitting in the seat.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
i brought mine in a tune modification does not effect the air bag adjustment

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
The recall is only a reflash of the restraint control module, not the PCM. If there is an updated tune from Ford for your PCM then they will be prompted to flash the PCM as well but the tech can select not to update the PCM and only performn the update on the RCM. Personally I elected not to have the RCM reflashed on my car as the recall only applies when the passenger seat is all the way forward and someone of very small stature is sitting in the seat.
+1 Exactly. Just tell the dealer NOT to upgrade the PCM calibration if a later calibration is available.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
this must be a stupid question, but what does PCM mean? is it like personal computer module?
so then there is no point in reflashing it back to stock? im safe keeping the modified tune when i take it in? my tuner had got me worried that if i took it in w/the tune still on that the xcal might get locked and have to send it into sct, but i was just worried that the strategy code will change
i just wanted to cause its usually my mom and niece in that seat, plus i was worried that it could affect the insurance, for example if an accident was to occur and the insurance wont cover it since it didnt get taken in

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
PCM = Power Train Control Module
RCM = Restraints Control Module

The dealer can reprogram the RCM (performing the recall) without reflashing the PCM.

I took my wife's Saleen S/C'd 06 GT in without reflashing back to stock - just be sure to tell the technician DO NOT reflash the PCM and you will be good to go.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
PCM = Powertrain Control Module it is what controls your engine and what your tune reflashes to modify the way the car runs (its silver box with all the wires running to it on the passenger side of the engine bay next to the fuse box)

If the tech reflashes the PCM then yes your Xcal would have to be shipped back to SCT to unlock it, but if you tell them not to flash the PCM then they shouldn't, your choice on what to do.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I haven't taken mine in either. I see no use in it. I have yet to meet anyone , female, that small LOL

·
Registered
1,707 Posts

1 - 12 of 12 Posts