Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CJ,
Just wondering what is considered "safe" timing with 2000 GT engine? In your opinion is 16-18* too high of octane running on pump gas? I'm just trying to understand what seems to work the very best on these modulars.

Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
36 Posts
Typically with pump gas...15-17 degrees depending on your setup....more timing will make more power (sans detonation)....less timing = less power and is safer....

Safety to me is better.

But if the car has no detonation.....17 is typical.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chris Johnson said:
Typically with pump gas...15-17 degrees depending on your setup....more timing will make more power (sans detonation)....less timing = less power and is safer....

Safety to me is better.

But if the car has no detonation.....17 is typical.
thanks, that answered my question.

·
Registered
176 Posts
For Chris...

I have a 2001 GT with saleen series II roots blower(eaton m-90). I was wondering what you think I should be running on timing. Right now it's 14.5 degrees and 11.5:1 air/fuel. We wnated to be safe as before a lot of 01 cars were blowing up. What do you think. I was thinking of bumping up to at least 15 or 15.5 degrees and 11.8:1 air/fuel. Do you think any special things need to be done when tuning 01 cars like running lower timing or anything??? Thanks. btw- car is tuned with autologic chip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts