Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it Possible??
My 99GT has Mac Lt's with 3in Prochamber and Custom 3in Catback with Race Magums..
Should i use a 2 1/2 catbck?Maybe try useing 2 1/2 in Tail pipes only? Or change Mufflers??
any thoughts appreciated...

Trying to get more Civilized....

·
Registered
109 Posts
i think a smaller pipe would just make it louder....i can't think of a way to quiet it down w/ losing some power. guess you could always install some dumps.:D

phil

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
96blkcobra said:
Spintech 2 1/2
Should i weld Spintech's 2 1/2 in the 3in Pipes or go full 2 1/2 in?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Hey Jim, I've got 2 1/2 borla cat back and I love the sound, Its got a deep tone not very loud under normal rpms and when you mash down on the throttle they seem to wake up get louder, but still liveable. Love the sound of flowmasters but for every day driving in my taste there just to loud. Oh Ive got Lt BBK with ss custom x-pipe.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
With the power your car is making, I would do all 3". My car actually has 2 1/2" exhaust with 3" Spintechs. I can say for sure that is is 10 times quieter than it was with the 3" Race Flowmasters.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
96blkcobra said:
With the power your car is making, I would do all 3". My car actually has 2 1/2" exhaust with 3" Spintechs. I can say for sure that is is 10 times quieter than it was with the 3" Race Flowmasters.
So the Spintech Mufflers are quieter then my Race Magnums??

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
definately! ask Ben, He swapped from Race Magnums to Spintech on his 98 Cobra. FWIW he went the 9.62 with the Spintech mufflers on the car. He can elaborate more on the sound difference between the two, but I know he told me it was MUCH quieter. Also, Chris Johnson of JMS said he had dyno tested alot of mufflers and the Spintechs were the best he had seen. This was my sole reason for picking up the line.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Well, I wish you could hear mine. It is not quiet like a stock car by no stretch, but it is not excessively loud either. I think you would be very happy with the sound level, I know I was. Like I said before, they are way quieter than my DeltaFlow race Flowmasters I had.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Keep it 3 inch... My MAC flowpath 3inch catback isn't as loud as my old 2.5 inch flowmaster setup. I have MAC longtube headers with 3 inch collectors, 3 inch pro chamber H pipe + above 3 inch flowpath catback - no cats.

Old MPEG - http://mywebpages.comcast.net/nx330mustang/MOV00058.MPG

·
Registered
290 Posts
Dumps are pretty much always going to be louder than having tail pipes, especially in the car.

·
Registered
131 Posts
when i got my car it had flows with all the chambers missing (they were just hollow boxes) but it wasn't that loud at all under 3000 rpm it's a lot louder now with 1 chamber flows then it was then

1 - 12 of 12 Posts