Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SVTOA from Mass.(Chris Yates) organized a day @ Lebanon Valley today..
It was very nice.A bunch of Cobra's Gt's and Lightnings with Some of the Generals LS1's ,Vette's and what have you.
75 cars in all.
I made a few passes with my Terminator..
First pass i missed 4th and went [email protected]
Second Pass I [email protected]
Last Pass i went [email protected]

Full Weight, 1/2 tank,F1's with 30lbs air..
Just drove it up there and raced it.No power shifts and off idle start.
rt.. 651
60. 2.115
330. 5.417
1/8 8.115 @93.67
1000 10.402
1/4 [email protected]
My mods are 3in Pulley,Amazon Diablo Chip,Accufab TB,PHP CAI,JDM/KOOKS 1 5/8 headers,Mac Catback..
I am happy my Mods worked out good.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Damn Jim, nice times on Full F1's brother.......:)

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Great times Jimmy V. Your car is making some good power! Looks as if there is a lot left in the bag, getting more aggressive with the car!!!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Hey Uncle Jimmy,

Nice to meet you yesterday!

Well, my differential and clutch are roasted. As the day went on, my driving got better but my MPH continued dropping. The clicking noise in the rear also got worse so I ended up leaving at 2pm so that if needed I could call a tow for the 3hr ride home before all of the hook drivers were hanging out at the local pub and drinking suds.

A couple of guys came up to me during the last cool-down and said that when I did my burnout, only one wheel was spinning. Guess I fried the clutch pack in the stock traction-lok.

Anyway, here are my runs:

1. 12.567 @ 115.78, 2.136 60' (grannying it after being slapped into reality by Evan's snapped halfshaft)
2. 13.079 @ 114.15, 2.135 60' (ditto - shifted to 2nd, hopped bad and had to let off)

I started hearing a rear-end tick that both Mike and Don agreed sounded like a CV joint. We did a little investigation but I decided to press on. So, I lined up against a heads&cam LS1 camaro and I said screw it, no chebbie is going to beat me:

Him: 12.345 @ 117.25, 1.988 60'
Me: 12.365 @ 116.09, 2.021 60'

I lost because of my poor 60' BUT I egged him into running again:

Him: 12.326 @ 117.17, 1.999 60'
Me: 12.145 @ 117.47, 1.906 60'

Woo Hoo!

Then Chris Yates and I lined up together after letting our cars cool down a lot:

First Race:

Him: 12.422 @ 113.53, 1.890 60'
Me: 12.233 @ 115.04, 1.868 60' (notice the drop in my MPH despite the better run)

Second Race:

Him: 12.464 @ 113.55, 1.959 60'
Me: 12.134 @ 115.73, 1.827 60'

We let the cars cool again and I made one more pass:

12.458 @ 114.85, 2.087 60'

After this run I had the awful clutch smell and I started hearing the rear-end tick much worse. My MPH was continuing to drop from the high 119's that I normally trap so I decided that I had better boogie home before anything bad happened. I plan on dropping the entire IRS over the next couple of weeks for a complete overhaul and I'll keep y'all posted on my results.

Later,

MJ

P.S. This was running stock timing curve (no chip), 11.2:1 air/fuel across the board, no nitrous, 16psi of boost.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mark,, Nice meeting you also, Good you got it home..I had 4hr trip home..Always traffic around the City.
Hopefully we can have more of these types of events.
Chris Yates has that KB Cobra setup real good.
I avoided running him all day.:D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Jim & Mark,

What a day! After two rain/snow outs last fall it was nice to finally have a dry sunny day to race. I was pleased with the Kobra and managed to pull a 12.1 @ 114+ by the end of the day. One mechanical failure of the day (Ev's 01) and ironically we was one of the few guys to trailer his car to the track. Hope to do it again this fall, I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LotsaFords

Looking at your timeslip..Your car was moving real good once you past the 1/8 mile..
comparing the timeslip to mine..I think you may have shifted from 1st to second too soon or a lazy shifted..Your 1/8 MPH would of been higher..
Hey WTF do i know ;) Just Practice

Great that your having fun with the car and your combo is working..

:D

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
237 Posts
LotsaFords said:
Thanks Jim:cool:
Yea 1st gear was either hoppin or spinnin,
2nd wasn't much better. I took 3rd gear up pretty high
in rpms, 1st and second just need more practice I
guess. I was leavin around 2000-2200, a bit to high
1500 was the best. Thanks again
:banggears
Lotsa (J),
:( I wanted to break out too!
J

·
Registered
38 Posts
jhwalker said:
Lotsa (J),
:( I wanted to break out too!
J
Yes jhwalker I hear ya. But at least you made it to the finals.
You were hitting your dial ALL DAY LONG. Man that was some
serious consistency. Great talking to ya at Famoso, you and your family were some really nice people. My 13 yr old had a blast,
2 days at Famoso, brought back a newfound gearhead

·
Registered
237 Posts
Good to meet you guys too. I should have wheels and tires next time we meet. Think of them as community stuff. I will never wear them out.
JW

·
Registered
237 Posts
Good to meet you guys too. I should have wheels and tires next time we meet. Think of them as community stuff. I will never wear them out.
JW

1 - 14 of 14 Posts