Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
We got up to 150mph at one time but soon after that I slowed down (to like 80) and tried to punch it again but it just would not accelerate at all - kind of like the clutch blew or would not grab. I was pissed and noticed the "Service Engine Soon" light came on. Uhh oh.. The light went away and the car still feels fine (it grabs and accelerates) but I cannot help but wonder if something is possibly bad. Was it just a "warning" or a fluke? Should I worry?

what about the check engine light that came on and the lack of acceleration I had for a few moments. ****edit: no street race talk allowed on here**** (could get the board in SERIOUS trouble)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sounds like fun!

Last Sat. at a local performance shops dyno day, a newer RT/10 did 412 or so at the tires, I was grinning from ear to ear holding my recent dyno sheet with 426 RWHP on it.:p I know that doesn't mean sqwat on the streets, but it was fun none the less.

I don't have a clue what your SES light would be about, never seen that before...

·
Registered
516 Posts
Sounds like you may have hit the speed limiter. 155 mph....I think. Would kill power for a minute and put a code in the PCM I believe.

As for the Viper deal..... two bullies from the block going at it....it doesn't get any better than that.

As for the street racin' deal....only when the conditions are just right (that's read SAFE) but don't make a habit of it. Even though I wouldn't know anything about it....1600 miles and no challengers.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I see from your Sig that you are in the Northern VA area :)

If you want to play some more, I can setup another race with a 2000 Red Viper GTS... Just some exhaust and filter mods and not much else.......... :evil :evil

Jeff

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
trmn8r said:
Sounds like you may have hit the speed limiter. 155 mph....I think. Would kill power for a minute and put a code in the PCM I believe.

As for the Viper deal..... two bullies from the block going at it....it doesn't get any better than that.

As for the street racin' deal....only when the conditions are just right (that's read SAFE) but don't make a habit of it. Even though I wouldn't know anything about it....1600 miles and no challengers.
I may have hit the speed limiter at one time. Like I said, we DID hit about 150mph at one time.

The thing is, this was after I already slowed down. We just got done doing a long run, cooled down and were going to go again but this time I couldn't go anywhere, saw the light, stopped and turned around.

BlackCobra, I'm not interested in setting up any races. Besides, I already know what the Viper can do. A RT/10 can hold it's own let alone a GTS. Now, I may have a challenge for YOU. I have a 94 RT/10 that might want to run your GTS. Can't promise it isn't stock. ;D

·
Registered
207 Posts
Z20_WHAT said:
I may have hit the speed limiter at one time. Like I said, we DID hit about 150mph at one time.

The thing is, this was after I already slowed down. We just got done doing a long run, cooled down and were going to go again but this time I couldn't go anywhere, saw the light, stopped and turned around.

BlackCobra, I'm not interested in setting up any races. Besides, I already know what the Viper can do. A RT/10 can hold it's own let alone a GTS. Now, I may have a challenge for YOU. I have a 94 RT/10 that might want to run your GTS. Can't promise it isn't stock. ;D
Was this RT/10 by chance a Red one?? If it is, I know what its got :evil :) I think the GTS will be able to hold its own :evil I think its got a broken belt though, cause for some reason, it squeels a hell of a lot :evil LOL

Jeff

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BlackCobra99Va said:
Was this RT/10 by chance a Red one?? If it is, I know what its got :evil :) I think the GTS will be able to hold its own :evil I think its got a broken belt though, cause for some reason, it squeels a hell of a lot LOL

Jeff
Yeah you know it. Your belt problem isn't as bad as my guy's vacuum leak - I swear I've even seen something even hiss out of the hood! :evil:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Z20_WHAT said:
Yeah you know it. Your belt problem isn't as bad as my guy's vacuum leak - I swear I've even seen something even hiss out of the hood! :evil:
Yeah, thats the one :evil I'm sure you may have seen this GTS around the BK down by the airport in manassas :) I wonder where most guys go now though, as the old hot spots have all died out to the ricers :( The "scene" here used to bring in some real money, oh well

Jeff

·
Registered
7 Posts
Your situation is very different than mine.

I hit max speed a lot . We have very long flat bridges here. They are empty late at night. I have hit the speed limiter dozens of times on every run. No malfunction lights came on, I just backed off the pedal from 160 (I know it is not accurate, but it says "160") and I have instant fuel return. I hardly notice hitting max speed, I had a GT that would smash your face on the steering wheel when the injectors shut down.

I love Vipers, especially the ones with the side curtains.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Thats funny lol, I had that happen several times to me , Smash my fasc foward, I hate it, The trac. con. comes on :mad:
I always forget the button.
I just pictured my self the other day doing that ! :shocked
with an 99 cobra , vortech, cooler , headers, gears, my hop kit ,
500hp car then hits the trac. control. Boom !!! Stoped, Slammed foward,

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Hey Northern,VA peeps the hot spot is in Fredericksburg. Friday and Saturday nights people meet up at the commuter parking lot on Courthouse Rd. I have been there a couple times and plan to go more once it warms up a bit more. If you bring the vipers, Make sure to bring your wallets as well. :D

Razor.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
akatherazor4 said:
Hey Northern,VA peeps the hot spot is in Fredericksburg. Friday and Saturday nights people meet up at the commuter parking lot on Courthouse Rd. I have been there a couple times and plan to go more once it warms up a bit more. If you bring the vipers, Make sure to bring your wallets as well. :D

Razor.
Trust me, we know ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts