Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i do have an exhaust leak (passenger header to h pipe, changing the gasket as soon as i get time), but i didn't think it would cause a 5mph difference in trap times. i have 11,000 miles, do you think my plugs could be shot? i checked the air filter and it was not that dirty, and i always run 93 octane. my only mods are off road H pipe, flowmaster cat back and 9" K&N filter. i just put the off road H back on which explains the sudden leak. but man, i was trapping 114 with the same combo last year, every run.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Try something simple like changing the fuel filter, if you haven't already, I know it can cause similar problems to what you are having in the the lightnings.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you think my filter could be done at only 11k miles? so you don't think its the exhaust leak?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm not sure about the exhaust leak, but that is something your going to get fixed anyways, the fuel filter can get clogged very quickly, I own a lightning and change mine every other oil change, its cheap insurance. it couldnt hurt to change it. most lightning guys change theres every 5-10k some have been clogged some have not been. but a clogged filter can cause a significant performance loss, not a bad thing to try only takes 10 mins.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thanks for the help, ill swap in a new fuel filter when fix the exhaust leak. might as well swap in the steeda differential bushings while i am back there.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i am comparing the slips right now, temp was the same (47*) here is how the rest of the slips compare :

11/20/02 3/12/03
Temp 47* 47*
Humid. 83 77
Bar. 30.23 30.43
60' 2.144 2.160
1/8 8.325 8.440
1/8 mph 89.91 87.81
1/4 12.634 12.824
1/4 mph 114.61 109.11

·
Registered
459 Posts
thats weird.. less than 2 tenths difference in the quarter but almost 5.4mph... thats real weird.. were all your MPH runs down by 5? Maybe the clocks didn't work right on that run? Have you noticed any belt dust on the pulley cover?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Your car is off the pace in the 1/8th but really falls off up top through the 1/4, were you driving the car pretty much the same, man that would worry me for sure something has gone south just not sure what it is!

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Another factor to consider is Cross winds and head winds.
A combination of having a head wind and maybe short shifting a little will make you loose MPH.

jim v.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts