Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey,how much do ya'lls cars weigh?

Are there any "hidden" areas to remove weight.Ineed to get mine down to 3050#..

I have done:
Kmember
Light weight brakes
rear seat delete
A/C delete..
Air box/blower delete
Power brakes/steering delete
Fuel cell
Light weight seats
windshield wiper delete
Radio delete
padding uder carpet delete
spoiler delete
trunk is stripped
Factory steering wheel deleted
passanger side air bag deleted
Any hidden stuff I can remove?

Also,on the battery cut off,I have been told 2 different things.Do I have to break the positive wire or ground?I wired it to break the positive..Am I legal?
One more thing....:) I have an electric water pump,can I run without a thermostat?Im not sure if the car would heat up enough before a run without one.
Thanks.................

Tim

·
Registered
60 Posts
Tim,

Start with the entire underside of the dash. You'll save a bunch where it really counts. There is also few punds that can be pulled from the kick panels. Pull the front bumper and the crush boxes. Make sure you drill out the welds on the crush boxes, there is 10# worth of useless weight still in the frame. Make swiss cheese out of your inner Q-panels and the rear seat floor brace. If you really feel like it, take a heat gun and scrape the sound deadener off of the floor. It's worth about 25#'s. Basicly, if you have a good cage, cut, hack and whack anything that doesn't get somthing attatched to it!!!!! The intrusion beams in the doors are also worth a few #'s.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mike......

I have a Chrome Molly cage going in so looks like the sawing and drilling shall begin.:D

I appreciate the help...

Tim

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Hey Tim.. Seems like you have a very sweet ride. You are in Dallas, GA? I am only about 30mins. north of you. I have been thinking about the JT trim and would really love to check it out. Let me know.

Thanks,

Nathan Green

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nathan,
the car is @ Higgins.You can check it out anytime your ready.Im up there on the saturdays they are open working on it..Your welcome to come up then.

Tim

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Thanks Tim.. I will have to check it out. That sucks about Higgins getting broken into. I hope nothing of yours was damaged. BTW..Who assembled your bottom end? Thanks in advance..

Nathan Green

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I built my motor..

Just my passanger seat got ruined.They had a set of my injectors but that was all they took from my car.Glad the cops caught them in the act.;)

Tim

·
Registered
56 Posts
Red99SVT said:
Thanks Tim.. I will have to check it out. That sucks about Higgins getting broken into. I hope nothing of yours was damaged. BTW..Who assembled your bottom end? Thanks in advance..

Nathan Green
What's your short time?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I am glad they didnt get anything, still sucks about the seat..

My short time on the pass in sig was 1.57 and that was with my 17" 03 wheels up front... My best ever has been a 1.560. My best 1/8th time has been [email protected]

Nathan Green

1 - 9 of 9 Posts