1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Has anyone installed one??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes ,works great.I put it on the dash close to the windshield as far to the left as I could get it.I used a cell phone hanger,then put a 1 inch long bolt thru it,with a bend in it to make the angle right.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Boomer,,Thank's for the Tip.
by the way! Great numbers with a 310 pulley..
Obviously your combo is working..

:D

·
Registered
79 Posts
raptors rock! very bright and easy to install, hardest part is deciding where to mount it.

·
400 Posts
Raptor is a great product. Works extremely well, easy to change shiftpoint and installation is a snap! We've done many installs of the raptor with no problems or complaints.

Rick

·
Registered
661 Posts
Shift lite ? I shift when it stops pulling , IE : I'm letting one of my secrets out , works great :shocked

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hey Jim,
here's a pic of the install in my 03. Raptor's site used to have a Powerpoint presentation that was VERY detailed on the 03 install.

I liked the shift light so much that I bought another one to put on my Yamaha Vmax. Works great on it also.:)

Attachments

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
larryc7777 said:
Hey Jim,
here's a pic of the install in my 03. Raptor's site used to have a Powerpoint presentation that was VERY detailed on the 03 install.

I liked the shift light so much that I bought another one to put on my Yamaha Vmax. Works great on it also.:)
Larry, Did you use double sided tape or screw it in.I like the placement.

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
I'm looking for a shift light now myself. I don't want a dam monster tach in my car. Anyway does this Raptor hook right up without additional accessories? I know with regular tachs and shift lights we need to have some other electronics to make it work. Also how bright is the light during the daytime? Is it visable? Lastly is there a website to get more infor about this?

Thanks,
Razor.

·
Bluesmobile
2,121 Posts
aka,
Here's Raptor's web site:
Raptor

The light is extremely bright, no problem at all for daylight use.

You make 3 connections and do not need adaptors of any kind.

See the webpage for various install locations and wiring instructions.

If there are questions that are not answered on the web site,
e-mail Rick, he'll answer them for you.

Dana

·
Registered
309 Posts
I bought the Raptor shift light a while back, and must say that I was very impressed with the quality and ease of the setup. I opted for the Raptor versus other products like Autometer, because it is a stand alone unit. No need for tach adaptors, etc. for C.O.P. ignitions. Jimmy, Razor, I think both of you will be quite happy with the product.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Sorry for the slow reply...been a LONG day.
I didn't use double-sided tape, I used a short, black trim screw. I don't plan to ever remove the light, so I'm not too worried about the small hole that the screw made.
Besides, I've never had much luck with double-sided tape in HOT weather.

·
Bluesmobile
2,121 Posts
I don't think it's ever going to get hot in Chicago this year, so maybe I can stretch using the tape all summer!?!?! HA! HA!

I guess I'll have to mount it someday though.

Dana

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Wow I just checked out their site and that little shift light is very cool! I'm definitely getting one, Just need to decide if the blue LED's are worth the extra $25.:D

Razor.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts