Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: The Fastest O3 Cobra

To Whom It May Concern:
My car is the fastest 03 Cobra.....(for the moment Pete...LOL) So what about solid axles??? ....The rest of you need to quit whhhhiiiinnnnnnggggg .....and bring on your IRS.....Richard will have my car in St Louis next weekend at the WFC... Have fun competing!!!!!
((( If I wanted a good ride I'd ride with my wife in her Lincoln...lol ...)))
If anyone wants to run top end----I'll change my tires and we will go for it.....
And another thing.....If you want to bring your LX with the stock cobra motor (like ours) then come on!!! Like my plates say.....
I "WILRUN"...
Have fun and be safe in St. Louis...and we will see yall in Dallas!

·
Registered
385 Posts
WILRUN said:
To Whom It May Concern:
My car is the fastest 03 Cobra.....(for the moment Pete...LOL) So what about solid axles??? ....The rest of you need to quit whhhhiiiinnnnnnggggg .....and bring on your IRS.....Richard will have my car in St Louis next weekend at the WFC... Have fun competing!!!!!
I agree 100%. Pete is doing one HELLUVA job w/ the IRS, but just because that's his choice doesn't mean you should have an "*" by your name.

Run what you brung:cool:

Darren

·
Night Trains Daddy
1,569 Posts
I can't wait to see that car at WFC...I also can't wait to swap in my Solid Axle :D

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
I agree with stlblack03!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Like I said before, Congrats on the nice running car. I'm glad you like it, because that is what is important. But, since you started a thread just to beat your own drum, and it seems you want to label the IRS guys whinners, here is my unedited opinion.

Glad you liked your Frankenstein '03 Cobra. So a SN -95 with 30 lbs of boost, a C4 and a straight axle runs good down the 1/4 mile track, SO WHAT? I'd say ther are probably 100+, probably 200+ Mustangs that fit that description and run faster tha 9.XX.

Let's see, I've had an '82 GT, 83 GT convertable, 89 5.0 LX, 94 Cobra and 96 Cobra. I guess I have no experience with straight axles. I like the IRS, the way it rides and handles. I like the T-56 and actually having to do something after the lights turn green. I drove a turbo regal into the 10's, I used to call it the "Boosted sofa" because it felt like I should take out the newspaper and read it while I was going down the track. Damn, that was a lot of fun! I guess even that is more fun than getting someone else to actually drive the car for you.

Like I said, I won't ruin my car to make it a little quicker. If other people go faster, that's fine with me, have at it.

Have fun a WFC!
JT

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Re: Re: Re: The Fastest O3 Cobra

4V_GTS said:
I agree 100%. Pete is doing one HELLUVA job w/ the IRS, but just because that's his choice doesn't mean you should have an "*" by your name.

Darren
Well, I think both Pete's car and Wilruns's car deserve an asterisk. Neither is *truly* an 03 Cobra anymore IMO. One has an Auto, one has a solid 8.8 (edit: and an auto?). Have you guys converted to GT brakes yet so you can easily run skinnies?

I think there needs to be distinctions when it comes to naming the "fastest 03 Cobra". The fastest Eaton/IRS 03, the fastest KB/IRS 03, and then those with autos or solid rears and a KB need to be in their own grouping.

We all have our priorites. Yours is drag racing and promoting your business with that car. I can understand why you don't think a solid axle is a big deal.

I can also understand why others don't want another 100 lbs of unsprung weight banging around in the back of their new Cobra. I bet your solid axle 03 Cobra does real good crossing deeply rutted inersections at 60 MPH :rolleyes:

Would DaveS' car still count as the fastest 03 Cobra with a ATI centifugal and a built SHM engine? Where does it end? Say he drops an auto and soild rear in there (which I don't think he is, but..) Now you've got a car with a different blower, engine, trans and rear. What's left from the 2003 Cobra besides the interior and some body pieces? Why not just buy a body in white at that point?

And it may be run what you brung, but if it's modified to the point where you had to "brung" it in a trailer, I could care less what it "run". <= Cheap shot at some of my local buddies "race" cars :p

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Fastest 03 in the land..

And one more thing, congratulations on the run. Damn impressive in that heat, solid axle or not.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I am so confused now. I think I am going to swap my 03 KB cobra motor for my 76 Maverick 250 straight six.

My Maverick only weighs 2800# it would surely beat any 03 Cobra !

No wait I would have to replace that 8 inch rear for a 9inch...

Would the 250ci bolt up to the 6-sped... LOL

·
Registered
186 Posts
Man!

Wrong again JT !!! Nothing to do but talk about wet dreams you use to have while riding down the track in your 82 GT on the sofa infront of the keyboard..
A little more info on the WILRUN Cobra...
#1... All stock breaks.. And will run through the 1/4 mile a little over 140 and makle The second return road...HAHA Seriuous..

You say its not a real 03 You can't drive it anywhere... Shit,, I drove the thing last night to the Race spot around 100 Miles Round trip. I payed a little extra for the gas VP-C16.
But I kicked ass on a few other 03 Cobras with the headlight pulled out like the one you have.. That in my mind is the stupiest thing someone could do to there 03 Cobra.
It makes the car look like crap!

Everyone has a opinion there like ass holes. Everone has one and they all stink.

Ever heard that..

·
Registered
863 Posts
Re: Man!

Ever heard that..
You ever hear of this...

You put enough Nitrous in any engine including a Murray garden tractor and it will run 9s. I think the ones running the 9s and even 10s should be commended on whatever combo they have.

"Remember if you going fast enough to turn you ain't going fast enough"

:D JL

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Re: Man!

Strictly Bad said:
Wrong again JT !!! Nothing to do but talk about wet dreams you use to have while riding down the track in your 82 GT on the sofa infront of the keyboard..
A little more info on the WILRUN Cobra...
#1... All stock breaks.. And will run through the 1/4 mile a little over 140 and makle The second return road...HAHA Seriuous..

You say its not a real 03 You can't drive it anywhere... Shit,, I drove the thing last night to the Race spot around 100 Miles Round trip. I payed a little extra for the gas VP-C16.
But I kicked ass on a few other 03 Cobras with the headlight pulled out like the one you have.. That in my mind is the stupiest thing someone could do to there 03 Cobra.
It makes the car look like crap!

Everyone has a opinion there like ass holes. Everone has one and they all stink.

Ever heard that..
Ahh, a little pissed off I'm not impressed with you Cobra?

Oh yeah, it isn't your Cobra.

Keep spoutin' off. I enjoy it. But reread my post, half of what you responed to wasn't posted by me, although I do agree with it.

The gist of my post was, since you missed it, there are many many, probably 100's of SN95 Cobra's running 9's with lots of boost, an automatic and a straight axle. SO WHAT?

And btw, removing reinstalling the headlight takes all of about 10 seconds and requires no tools.

How long would it take to remove the transmission or rear in that car your working on?

JT

·
Registered
186 Posts
Having fun with kids!

If only you could make the car as fast as your keyboard!
#2 Ken has and does drive the car!
Way faster than your sled too..I think on the first pass he ever made in the car it went 11.03 With the stock blower. No NOS!
And has killed a ton of haters like you on the street!
His son has a little party going on this weekend.
Thanks again for the ride Ken.
We will do ya right!
JT, Get the headlight back in the car...
Also, get you a set of tools and get to work.
Or bring the Sofa you will need it when we sit your ass down. At any track! It does only take an hour or to to get the IRS In the car.
All in fun Guys!
Back to work, This is boring.
I hate bench racing !

Richard Lelsz
Strictly Performance
Houston, Texas

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Richard,
Nice response.

First, I'm not a hater.

On the other thread, a nice discussion was taking place about mods and how they can get out of hand on a car. You came into the thread with guns blazing with your post and
I took offense to your comment:

Strictly Bad said:
The car runs better, hooks better, eazier to get straped on the Dyno.. Won't shake and bounce your teeth out when you get the thing in second gear. AND.!!! If we were road racing I would get to the next corner before any of you Keyboard Kingpins! HAHA.... Were gonna drag race in a few weeks so we will stay with what we have! IT IS RUN WHAT YA BRUNG!
HOPE YA BRING ENOUGH!

Richard Lelsz
Strictly Performance
Houston, Texas
Now, I've been racing for over 20 years, and go to the track as often as the crappy NE weather will allow.

The "keyboard kingpin" crap was out of line, as I never said anything negative about the wilrun car. All I said was I wouldn't put a straight axle in my car to go faster, only for reliability reasons.

Then Wilrun started this thread, basically bragging about his own car. Which to me is crass at the least. In it, calling people with IRS whiners?

Anyway, if I wanted to run 9's with my '03, I would, but in my opinion, for me, it would take comprimises I am not willing to make, i.e. straight axle, full cage, as in more than the 11.99 cage. Most likely skinnies up front, most likely LT's and all their hassles of ground clearance, leaks, etc. So far I am unwilling to even put up with the 5 point 11.99 cage.

JT

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ya know I read these kinds of posts all the time and i really think its apples to oranges. It really depends on what your looking to do with the car. Pete and WILLUN's cars are freakin awesome, but in the same respect JT's car and F8LBITE's car running the way they do with the eaton's and no juice are also awesome in that respect..Just depends on what you looking for.
Personally Ill never have a K/B blower so all my attention is on the eaton guys and how they do. But I do love seeing how fast these things will go when somone goes all out with mods...Two different beasts two different owners.....

I know its run what ya brung but I would rather run someone who has something close to what I brung lol.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Richard, WTF is the problem here... why are you so bent out of shape because someone else chooses to NOT run a solid rear? I was @ baytown and saw you run in Kens car.... yes Kens car, not yours. It was a great run, but different strokes for different folks. If you wanna drive someone elses car and brag, thats cool for you. Some of us want to drive our near stock cars daily, and still run low 11's. Why do you have such a complex about this?

Jayson

·
Registered
117 Posts
Here's what's asinine. An owner bragging about his car when HE'S not the one doing the "crown" running but incidentally talks down to other 03 owners....and the driver who doesn't own the car bragging like it's his own car and doing the same as the aformentioned.

Here's my quote to u since u don't like ppl who question your car..only two things u can do about it, nothing and like it.

G

·
Kinda reminds me of the Stormin Normin days when he had a driver for his car.

This whole subject and thread has gotten way out of hand though. Really depresses me.......but I guess I dont have to read them, as the saying goes

I think its time for F8TLBITE to put a straight axle in and keep that Eaton and juice it and then show them what fast is :D

(still waiting for my F8TLBITE New Jersey Plate)

Man...Hammer will take you all on...or better yet....Rob Raymer's old car will come out and surprise you all

(isnt this fun)

Hot Rod(guess I will have to come down there and blow all your doors off with my stock Eaton)Harry :p

www.HotRodHarrys.com

Xplicit said:
Here's what's asinine. An owner bragging about his car when HE'S not the one doing the "crown" running but incidentally talks down to other 03 owners....and the driver who doesn't own the car bragging like it's his own car and doing the same as the aformentioned.

Here's my quote to u since u don't like ppl who question your car..only two things u can do about it, nothing and like it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Smashed Toes

Xplicit said:

No one is talking down....just tired of whining.....I think anyone with limited intelligence can comprehend that?????......(I have a another 03 Cobra and it has the IRS)......When I am racing for a few grand on the "street" I have to know my ass isnt gonna break...I think we all should be happy for whoever is doing a great job and stop ballbusting!!!....Agree??

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Re: Re: The Fastest O3 Cobra

4V_GTS said:

Darren
Thanks for the support man!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
JT said:
Like I said before, Congrats on the nice running car. I'm glad you like it, because that is what is important. But, since you started a thread just to beat your own drum, and it seems you want to label the IRS guys whinners, here is my unedited opinion.

Glad you liked your Frankenstein '03 Cobra. So a SN -95 with 30 lbs of boost, a C4 and a straight axle runs good down the 1/4 mile track, SO WHAT? I'd say ther are probably 100+, probably 200+ Mustangs that fit that description and run faster tha 9.XX.

Let's see, I've had an '82 GT, 83 GT convertable, 89 5.0 LX, 94 Cobra and 96 Cobra. I guess I have no experience with straight axles. I like the IRS, the way it rides and handles. I like the T-56 and actually having to do something after the lights turn green. I drove a turbo regal into the 10's, I used to call it the "Boosted sofa" because it felt like I should take out the newspaper and read it while I was going down the track. Damn, that was a lot of fun! I guess even that is more fun than getting someone else to actually drive the car for you.

Like I said, I won't ruin my car to make it a little quicker. If other people go faster, that's fine with me, have at it.

Have fun a WFC!
JT
Not labeling any Irs guys "whiners" ...Pete has an Irs and We are happy for him when he runs faster......It gives us something else to try and beat...He has helped us on several occasions...(its called friendly competetion...if you didnt know)_.... Just calling the whiners....WHINERS!...... I am happy for anybody that does well... and yes that includes myself & richard....our driver, the man who has put his heart in the car.......I honestly dont want to smash toes....just think people should quit bitchen about SOLID AXLES.:D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.