Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea, I know Im a shmuck for not knowing the specs of what I spent so much $$ on, but I told D&D to build it as nasty as possible and they did...15:1 compression.. God if this thing actually runs right it could get ugly!!evil

Ronnie D:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Interesting

Ronnie,
I guess your using a 8 or 9 cc domed piston? C14 fuel? 108 Cam2 or Turbo Blue won't work very good. Good thing it's not a street car!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Is it running yet?

·
Registered
257 Posts
vrtical said:
15:1 interesting...
Yes its very interesting, Ive never seen a Mod Motor with valve reliefs cut into the pistons. I too would like to see pictures, I also wonder how the pop ups effect the way the heads flow.

·
Registered
257 Posts
PeachState Perf said:
Ross sells pistons with valve reliefs in them they are flat tops
Yes but flattops arent going to yield 15:1 compression, remember you cant deckheads or block to achieve compression. If you want that much compression your going to need domed pistons. Also Im sure that much timing is also going to want some nice bumpsticks, further needing the flycuts.

BTW Any Pictures of the pistons you mention, still think it would be neat to see. Also nice website.

·
Banned
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im sorry for being such a shmoe when it comes to tech guys, so I have relying on everything D&D has been telling me about it. Dave and the guys at D&D are really friendly but at times can be sloppy/lazy...I've received the motor over a week ago and still haven't received a build sheet or any invoices which is frustrating to me b/c of my lack of tech knowledge in trying to explain it to you guys...I know it took Ross 2 months to custom make the pistons and another month to machine and assemble motor.. they were like giddy school girls over there at D&D when they began this project,,,, i think they are more excited to see this thing run than I am!!! In their own words..."We built you a pro-stock style motor and this thing is gonna run like a raped ape". I personally don't know how an ape runs after getting violated against their will, but I sure do hope its fast!!

Ronnie D

·
Registered
130 Posts
PeachState Perf said:
with the right heads and cams it should put down 350+ rwhp
It better! I'm making 320+ with a stock shortblock. I can't wait to see the numbers.

·
Registered
29 Posts
that's very close to the effective compression a street blower car makes. If everything is set up properly you should easily see 350+ rwhp.

for laughs and giggles (and bench racing lol):

((boost psi / 14.7) + 1) x motor compression = effective compression

so a 15:1 motor would be equal to a stock 4.6 with 9 lbs of boost. (assuming a 9.4 compression ratio).

can't wait to see the dyno/track numbers on that thing.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Interested in seeing the headwork/valve train that is going to work with 15:1 domed pistons. Better have some good head studs, to hold them in the engine bay!

joe

1 - 20 of 22 Posts