Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright the stock rear axle in my 99 GT is starting to make noise and it's just over 100k miles. I installed 3.73 gears about 20k miles ago but I've got a grinding noise from the right rear which seems to be the axle. I've got some cash but I want to make sure it's built right. I'm expecting to have no more than 500 rwhp on some drag radials by next year. I'm thinking about going with 31 spline Moser axles, keeping the 3.73s, and either the Ford Racing 31 spline diff with carbon fiber clutch packs (03 Cobra) or an Eaton Tru-Trac. Since the Eaton is about $200-300 more, I'm wondering if I'll really benefit that much over the Ford unit. Also, while I'm having this done, should I bother with a rear cover/girdle or welding the axle tubes? I'll stick with the C-clip setup but I'd like to keep the ABS functional. What all parts am I needing to keep the ABS? Is there anything else I should be doing to the axle at this time? Again, not using slicks, no extreme power planned. Thanks in advance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts