Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, let's get some suspension tech going on in here !!!

Let me hear about your mustangs drivetrain and rear end setup. I'm looking for a good setup that will help me maximize 60' times and make the car launch straight. Durability is extremely important... Also, if you have any idea of the cost of the components that would be great too... :D

Differential
Axles
Gear ratio
Lower Control Arms
Upper Control Arms
Sway Bar
Other Devices

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I don't remember the prices but here is my setup

Lakewood H/D uppers
Megabite Jr LCS'a (set in lower posstion)
welded axle tubes
Detroit C-locker
4.56 gears
Moroso hardened wheel studs
Moser 31-spine axles

Not the rear but is just as important

Coil over up front with 175lb springs
D&D tubular K-member
Lakewood 90/10 drag struts

best 60 foot with alot of twisting 1.44

I am now adding

AVO rear shocks (adjustable)
UPR anti-roll bar
UPR upper and lower battle boxes

With the new engine setup and additional suspension componants I am hoping to have consistent 1.3X 60's!!

Hope this helps

Chad:smoker

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chad !!!

I have the same front setup as you do but with tokico drag struts...

How about control arm set up? You are running a C-Locker and 31 spline axles right?

Thanks,
JC

·
Registered
56 Posts
Autofab custom chromoly sheetmetal housing with back brace
Strange aluminum center with large pinion support with gear brace
Strange 40 spline light weight spool
Strange gun drilled 40 spline axles with lightened flanges
Strange drag brakes
Wolf anti-roll bar
Wolf lower arms with no spring perches that are offset for more tire room and seperical ends
Autofab custom uppers
Autofab coilover kit
QA1 coilover shocks
5/8" wheel studs
Monoque rims

If you have to ask "How much?" you can not afford it. Speed and reliablity do not come cheap!!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Modster !!!

Modster said:
If you have to ask "How much?" you can not afford it. Speed and reliablity do not come cheap!!
Thanks for the info on your setup... I sure sounds like a nice setup !!!

I have never been the one to skimp on getting the good stuff for my toys. Even then, I still like to know the cost of parts. If you don't want to share the information, then that's OK with me...

Thanks anyway,
JC

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
It may be me, but I am very interested in the price of parts. It helps to plan which componants I want to use and how much $$ it will leave me to apply on other items needed. It is a good idea to plan on parts costs or you may end up like others I have seen before. Example, what good would it do to put a full chromoly 12pt cage certified to 7.50 in a car if you will run out of cash later and not even be able to get the car running. Especially when the car was only going to have the power to run high 10's and a simple mild steel 6 pt rollbar would be sufficient? I have seen other guys buy super nice parts to only run out in the end. Example, When I had my 377 windsor built I opted for solid lift mechanical cam vs solid roller just because it was cheaper, would still allow me to make good power and it costs much less. All that being said, get a Detroit Locker period! That is one thing that is a must if you want to abuse it and not drag your tires around corners with a spool. I would choose either Moser or Superior axles to go along with it and weld your axle tubes. Forget the Wolf bar and go UPR, it is a direct copy as the wolf and is atleast half the price. As far as uppers and lowers go, most any will work fine. If I had it to do over again I would choose the complete rear package from UPR. Here is the Link! http://www.uprproducts.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=141

Chad :smoker

·
Registered
56 Posts
After going through 3 rears, I hope this will hold up. The car only runs 11.8's. You would be a fool not to buy moly for a cage or roll bar. Most of those parts you can get a rag and see the prices. The custom stuff will very. It depends on the shop that you deal with. They are all different. UPR will never get any of my biz. They have never came up with their own ideas!!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
You would be a fool not to buy moly for a cage or roll bar.
I am a fool!!:lol :lol good guess, NHRA legal is good enough for me :smash

UPR will never get any of my biz. They have never came up with their own ideas!!
I could not agree more about UPR copying other products. But for the price I have to go with them. I think it helps keep the other businesses in line with their pricing. hehe, to each their own I guess

Chad:smoker

1 - 8 of 8 Posts