Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
Joined
·
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody do this??
How involved is it??


jim v.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
282 Posts
Access to the rear Diff cover is a bear. If it were me, I would siphon out the old and pump in the new. Dropping the pumpkin to change fluid seems like a real PITA.

Kevin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Jim Vaccaro said:
Anybody do this??
How involved is it??

jim v.
Jim: why do you want to do it? The Ford diff fluid is very high quality - I have no plans to mess with it.
 

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
Joined
·
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Re: Rear Fluid Change??

Cobra'03 said:
Jim: why do you want to do it? The Ford diff fluid is very high quality - I have no plans to mess with it.
Mine sweats and the Fluid that is sweating out looks nasty.
I might just syphon some out to check and then add some fresh fluid.
My pumpkin was dry until about 6000 miles.

jim v.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
I'd use Amsoil Series 2000 75w140 or Red Line in the same weight. Is it weeping out hi or lo? Hi and it could just be some overfill coming out the breather? Lo is a bummer - keep checkin it and topping off, and I suppose you could try a friendly dealer who won't bust your balls about your minor "enhancements". This is a downside of the IRS - with a solid it is a simple 1 hour job tops. With the IRS, they are more inclined to snoop around looking for any reason to blow off the warranty claim.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Jim - did you scrap your 3.1 upper and just go to a 3 # lower, or do you have both - I am guessing both based on your output.,
 

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
Joined
·
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cobra'03 said:
Jim - did you scrap your 3.1 upper and just go to a 3 # lower, or do you have both - I am guessing both based on your output.,
I just have a 3.00 upper.My numbers are STD.

jim v.
 

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
Joined
·
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cobra'03 said:
I'd use Amsoil Series 2000 75w140 or Red Line in the same weight. Is it weeping out hi or lo? Hi and it could just be some overfill coming out the breather? Lo is a bummer - keep checkin it and topping off, and I suppose you could try a friendly dealer who won't bust your balls about your minor "enhancements". This is a downside of the IRS - with a solid it is a simple 1 hour job tops. With the IRS, they are more inclined to snoop around looking for any reason to blow off the warranty claim.
I will check that out as soon as possible.My only concern is that it starts to leak while on road trip and then i am screwed.

jim v.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
Jim, after 5000 miles on ours, it is leaking, it is at the dealer now getting fixed.
 
G

·
what are they doing to it? replacing the pumpkin or just resealing it? did they take out the whole rear suspension to replace?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
vic demone jr said:
what are they doing to it? replacing the pumpkin or just resealing it? did they take out the whole rear suspension to replace?
As far as I know, just the seal. Not sure if they had to drop, I can find out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Vic, could you share a little more around your last post. What would be the issue with non - stock exhaust? If you had headers and they had to work around the bottom of the motor or transmission I could understand but my aftermarket cat back runs the same route that the stock did????
 
G

·
they called me a few minutes ago and said they wouldnt work on my car because its not stock exaust, they dont want to remove my "hacked up" exaust as they called it. im going to leave about $100 bucks worth of nitto rubber in there service drive when i leave... the screwy part is that the whole reason i took it there was because i met the service dept manager at the dragstrip and he told me they were mod friendly. my mods are as follows...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
vic demone jr said:
they called me a few minutes ago and said they wouldnt work on my car because its not stock exaust, they dont want to remove my "hacked up" exaust as they called it. im going to leave about $100 bucks worth of nitto rubber in there service drive when i leave... the screwy part is that the whole reason i took it there was because i met the service dept manager at the dragstrip and he told me they were mod friendly. my mods are as follows...
What dealership is this?

Where do you live?
 
G

·
jenkins lincoln mercury, florida.

just got back with the car and the clutch cable is sucked into the adjuster, it wasnt like that before either. its funny how on the phone the guy commented on how hard the clutch was. im gonna beat the piss out of something
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top