Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I think I am done adding horsepower for now. I am adding long tubes, off road X pipe, and cat back to go with the mods in my signature. Then I am going to get a better, less conservative, tune. I should be right around 450 - 460 rear wheel horsepower. That is okay for now, I always want more but I think it is time to concentrate on some other aspects of the car.

On that note, I just ordered Maximum Motorsports' K member, A arms, coil overs, CC plates, and Tokico 5 way adjustable shocks/struts. I already have MM's full length zinc coated subframe connectors and an Autopower 4 point roll bar. I have also just purchased a set of Baer 13" brakes for the front and a set of rotors and pads for the back.

Now my question; what rear suspension setup should I go with? My car is used as my everyday driver as well as drag strip duty and once or twice a year on a road course. So whatever I go with needs to be very well rounded.

I have narrowed it down to either: a MM's torque arm, panhard bar, and lower control arms to go with the Tokicos or Steeda's 5 link setup. Which setup would be best for over all performance and a daily driver? I know the Steeda setup does well on a road course but how is it on the drag strip or around town? Any comments or experiences would be greatly appreciated. If you have any suggestions other then the two listed, that would also be appreciated.

Thanks,
Derrick

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Derrick,
Check out
www.draginmotorsports.com
Steve is awesome and makes some cool stuff.Give him a call,he is great to talk too and will hook you up.Tell him I sent you.He makes suspension stuff for some people that claim"they" make them.Big names,but of course they cannot be mentioned.

Tim

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cobra Killer said:
Derrick,
Check out
www.draginmotorsports.com
Steve is awesome and makes some cool stuff.Give him a call,he is great to talk too and will hook you up.Tell him I sent you.He makes suspension stuff for some people that claim"they" make them.Big names,but of course they cannot be mentioned.

Tim
Thanks Tim. I will check it out. What suspension are you running? Just curious.

Thanks,
Derrick

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
His Drag-n-link .It works like a 4 link,you can adjust pinion angle per track conditions simple by moving a bolt.No need for a gauge at the track.If the track rocks,hit it hard,if it is slick,go positive on the pinion angle to hit the tires softer.Its a cool setup.Its setup for +1,-1,-3,-5..Just have to move the bolts to get the desired angle for track conditons.
Moroso springs,Hal adjustable shocks,Hal Kmember,Drag-n-link uppers,Dragin lowers,UPR anti roll bar.

Tim

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info, sounds like a great setup. I will definitely check out his stuff.

Derrick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts