Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so we rented US 41 this past weekend. Perfect weather, sunny cool (mid 70's) Third pass on the track and I blew up the rear-end. Nice big hole in the cover. Tech guy said the fluid started after the finish line. Specs: 2 yeard old Walsh motorsports built Auburn Pro with 4.56's in a live axle. What gives?? the diff saw maybe 15 passes total. 3-4 with slicks and the rest with DR's. First pass this weekend I was the first to run that particular lane. I could see where I hit second and it spun. I was getting 1.70 60 foot times on them though. The hole isnt even near the ring gear, its about where the springs would be on a trak-loc. Pics and vid to come soon

·
Registered
207 Posts
Brett---

Your rear blew up cause of the Auburn Pro...The Auburn Pros are a POS and are NOT meant for drag racing...They are a junky "cone" style differential and cannot stand up to hard launches on drag radials or slicks....Thats why it blew to bits...Your best bet for drag racing is going to be a Trac Tech C locker...They are pricey, around $500 or so from steeda, but work REALLY well and stand up to 7K rpm launches...My buddy jason meiers here, went 12.00's on his N/A 97 cobra with 4.56's and 26" slicks and never had a problem with the C locker...It is noisy though and clunks around every day driving, cause it basically "locks" and unlocks....Turning will take some getting used too and in the rain, forget about driving fast LOL...

Hope you get it all back together soon...

Jeff

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I knew about the cone thing and not being able to rebuild it but thats what Donnny suggested. No biggie...I got to start drinking after that LOL I might go with a modded trak loc for the hell of it. I am going to take it over to Walsh's and have the rear taken apart. Then I will have more pics. I was bent it wasnt the trans...THAT needs replacing hehe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts