Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Rebuilding Rear End

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Silverpony00 
#1 ·
What are the best axles and traction unit to put on my 2000 GT?? In either 28 or 31 spline.

#3 ·
Its mostly street with few trips to the track a year. I am wanting a medium between drag race and road race. I want to be able to put slicks on though if I do go to the track.

#4 ·
well, i am an expert by no means but i am getting ready to build my rearend and i am going with moser 31 spline axles and a stock trac-lok but with 4 clutch packs to make it stronger. What is good about the trac-lok is that it is rebuildable. This combo will be very streetable and will hold up to my high rpm dumps on slicks with the bottle. While doing all this it would be a good time to put a T/A cover on the rearend as well. Do you plan to go to a power adder or stay N/A?

#5 · (Edited)
I havent decided on the NA or power adder yet for this motor. I gonna do a power adder 4 valve somewhere down the road. Ill probably stick with NA on this motor for awhile.

#6 ·
I bought all my parts from Drivetrain direct for 799.99 shipped. I got a c-locker and new bearings with 31 spline axles. I have since added a airbag and Ss lowers. THe hooks quite a bit better but makes some funny noises when turning.

#7 ·
Well I ended up getting just an eaton. I thought I was gonna have to replace alot but the only problem was the trac-loc clutches were burnt out and one of the seals were leaking. So I just got the 28 spline eaton and all new bearings and seals. Ive yet to get on it to see how the traction is(having crazy noises from either trans or driveshaft that I gotta fix) but I can already tell its alot more responsive then the trac-loc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.