·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry to cross link.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
I think for drag racing a manual..I would consider a 5speed Tremec,,a lot less hassle

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I've heard they are good and will bolt right up. But, I don't need to yet, I got the trans back and the 3/4 sycros keys were broke. I also picked up a new throw out bearing. I'm planning on something besides dextron 3. I'll let you know how it goes.:)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My follow up

If anyone cares.j/k:p Trans is back in and I install the Steeda Tri-Ax again and set the stops, 5 mins of driving it got stuck in 3rd again. F!! But it did come out after wiggling it luckly, but on the way home it got stuck 3 more times. Got home and switched the shifter back to the stock one and haven't had a problem since. I called Steeda's engineer who wants to see the shifter to see whats wrong. He stated it could be alignment or the wrong lower arm. Talk about sucking ****, I bought the shifter to save the trans and instead it kicked its a&&. I'll leave the stock shifter in untill I know whats up with the Steeda shifter. Anyone have a similar problem?:(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts