Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm new to the '03 Cobra camp, but not to forced-induction. I'm a Buick GN guy from way back and have an '01 GT with a P1SC.

In the Turbo Buick world, we just have a bunch of tried-and-true recipes that take you to a horsepower level / e.t. The recipes are just parts and settings lists. That's kind of what I'm looking for here: simple feedback on how to get to 450rwhp every time without a lot of guesswork or mucking about.

I know that some of you guys are way past that. Anyone have a solid recipe to share?

G

·
Thats easy...ford lightning blower pulley(2.93)....diablosport chip.....a good CAI setup....Throttlebody/manifold from BilletFlow and a good X pipe and catback from Bassani. That will put you there and then some... easy.

HotRodHarry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yep.

Even a 3.10 pulley with a chip and catback would do it, or get damn close.

Adding the TB and CAI would easily put you there.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Or you could go with a lower pulley system to avoid belt slippage on the upper pulley. They have interchangable systems for lowers. You'll need to use a larger pulley on the alternator if you go this route. Just another pulley option for you.

If you go top pulley, there are additional idlers to provide more belt wrap, some have used anti-slip pulleys as well.

450 RWHP is easy as Hot Rod Harry and slythetove have said. And you know about tuning FI so you are ahead in the game.

·
Registered
88 Posts
read my sig below, thats net hp for low bucks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here's my mods:D

·
Banned
3 Posts
See sig.

UPR cold air filter = $199 installed myself.
Magnaflow catted X-pipe and Bassani cat back = $1,200 installed.
2.93 pulley and gator back belt = $190 installed.
Diablo sport chip = $350 installed.

Grand total = $1,939

Tri-ax shifter isn't a power adder so I will leave that out.

I dynoed 350 HP / 355 TQ (SAE corrected) bone stock. After the above mods I got 455 HP / 460 TQ (SAE corrected). Both dynos were done on the same machine. I gained 105 HP / 105 TQ.

With these mods, for an average driver, you should run 11.9 in the 1/4.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts