Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend with a 2011 5.0 and he has a ram clutch in it rated for 450hp and its starting to slip with him. He is looking at Exedy rated for 550hp, but i told him I would ask on here what guys are using. He drives this just about everyday so pedal feel needs to be close to stock. Any help would be appriciated. I told him whatever clutch he puts in it he will never outrun me lol.:rofl:

· Registered
1,368 Posts
Either a RAM dual disc or McLeod dual disc clutch.

· Premium Member
883 Posts
Just installed the Centerforce DYAD twin disc on my 2012 Boss. Still going through break in and waiting for my roll cage to get here before going back to the track, but for day to day driving, it's amazing! Install was easy, pedal is super light and there isn't any chatter or noise.

· Registered
1,043 Posts
We have been beating the piss out of our Mcleod RST for over a year with no problems. Funny thing is that Mcleod doesnt suggest using the RST for drag racing, but said nothing about that over a year 1/2 ago when we purchased it. So we now install RXT's in all the 5.0's that come to our shop. High quality clutch with all ARP fasteners. We love our Mcleod.

JJ

· Registered
15 Posts
+ 1 McLeod RXT with lightened billet flywheel, ordered yesterday. Should be here on Friday. If I can get to it on Saturday, I'll install it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.