Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously looking at the AFS Cobra wheels.

However I don't know the advantages (or disadvantages) of the polished over the chrome.

Should I opt for the chrome? Or the polished?

Please help?

TIA,
FF

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
akatherazor4 said:
CHROME!:D

Razor.
I love the way they look! ...but why chrome? Are they easier to maintain? Easier to clean? ...what.

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
4sfed said:
I love the way they look! ...but why chrome? Are they easier to maintain? Easier to clean? ...what.
Oh hell yes, they are much easier to care for. I had a set of polished aftermarket wheels on my old toyota truck and it was a nightmare! No matter what I did they wouldn't stay looking good for more then a week! I also had the factory 01 polished and clearcoated wheels on my Cobra. Now since they were clearcoated they required much less maintenence, but chrome just kicks major ass! They require practically no maintenence at all. Just apply chrome polish to them once and a while for good measure.

Razor.

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Oh and I forgot to mention, I have the AFS chrome 03 cobra wheels on my car. You can click the link in my sig to check them out. They are of superb quality and I love them!

Razor.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okee doke. SOLD!

The AFS wheels are exactly what I'm lookin' at! I like the 18x9 and 18x10.5 set. Just waitin' for the money now.

Thanks Razor!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mosconiac said:
Maybe this pic will help...18" chrome on Torch Red all the way.
That is sah-WEET! Thanks! :)

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
4sfed said:
Okee doke. SOLD!

The AFS wheels are exactly what I'm lookin' at! I like the 18x9 and 18x10.5 set. Just waitin' for the money now.

Thanks Razor!
Anytime.;)

Razor.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Chrome,but they are a BITCH to keep clean...I had to sit their and literally scrub off the brake dust...but when they BLING they BLING.
I get all sort of compliments...btw i have the Ford ones.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Is there really a difference in the quality of the SVT Chrome rims, compared to the AFS Chrome rims? This may have been answered before, but i was just curious.
Matt

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't know honestly...But what MAIN advantage nobody looks at is if my wheel(Ford) rusts or has any defect I can take it in and get it warranteed...while with the others I dont know what their policy is?

·
Registered
191 Posts
chrome baby
These are my stock rims chromed, not from ford. iT costed me 800. the ford option i think is 600 but its ass. These are triple dipped and some other stuff done to them that involved multiple large multi sylable words that I can't remember. Galpin ford did these for me third party after I saw the ford factory chromes and almost :vomit:

Attachments

·
Night Trains Daddy
1,569 Posts
I am not a chrome fan..but if you must get them...check Ebay...you can get REAL good deals from AFS on there. I just got 17x9's and 17x10.5s for $455 :shocked

1 - 18 of 18 Posts