Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off its not that hard as people want you to belive I took 1 semester in a automotive princples class and flunked it!
My teacher told me I could never work on cars

Proved him wrong, put the KB on in a lillte under 7 hours counting the uninstall of the eaton, and a pizza brake, along with trip to the medicine cabinet to wrap my burn. DaMN egr valve

I really enjoy working on cars and if anyone would like a hand in installing this kit or other parts on thier car, you can Pm me or give me a call, Hammer if you really want me to come out there and install it all I need is a warm corner in the garge and a nibble of food and gallons of water, have it done in no time.

I have noticed my ability to due the electronic of the boost a pump is limited, wired it up wrong but fixed it now,
The belt I have is way to big for the 3.25 pulley on the blower right now and needs to be changed when i get a chance to.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The thing has a nice whistle to it at stoplights, and we've all heard of 03's in the snow:)

Now There Is KB 03's in the snow :D

Let me tell ya this thing is an animal in the snow it's probalbly a goodthingI have so much belt slip, how bad you ask bad enough that I am only making 2 pounds of boost and its still a night and day difference!!!

I have a small list of parts and gizmos that need to be bought in the next few months.

I hope to dyno in some form later this week, or maybee tomorrow, I don't know.

Wow is everything strange, its so easy to lose control of this car when you drive mad luckly I do it on country roads, or not.
props to my local ford dealer for getting me a new MAF for free, they warrntied the car with the KB under the hood even, awesome!!!!

Wow ranting is fun!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just remebered a few other details about the install my Kenny Brown Strut tower brace no longer fits :mad: The damn blower is to big oh well a small price I have to pay for all that extra well you know.

Is anyone here going to be in Indy for the get together at the cyle cafe on the March 15th, let me know we can follow each other down or what ever.

Time to go install the new boost gauge at 5:15 am, I love not being able to sleep unless you pass out its great you get so much done on your car a lot quicker.:D

·
Registered
246 Posts
Matt,
We do have a great bunch of guys working in the service department don't we,its nice they are fellow racers also! Let me know when you plan on dynoing that beast i will try and meet you there.

Matt

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
HIGH ROLLER said:
Matt,
We do have a great bunch of guys working in the service department don't we,its nice they are fellow racers also! Let me know when you plan on dynoing that beast i will try and meet you there.

Matt
Just get one yourself and go dyno it :shootbird

--Joe

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Highmiles, you want a 1/2 inch breaker bar for the belt tenisoner, I didn't have one laying around so I had to improvise, make sure before you tighen the blower to the lower mainifold MAKE SURE THE EGR VALVE is lined up this cost me almost an hour and a half,
I never had to use the gasket for the lower manifold we never craked it so it stayed sealed, the whole time. The tool the KB provides for tightening the bolts in the blower is a pain to use on the back bolts and under the plenium, I had to tools in my kit and didn't realize till I was done, if you have 2 cut one down and mate it to a socket so you can get more trq on the bolts.
Make sure you have extra coolant before doing the install,

And above all else if you think you can make something fit or pull something out with out having to remove something else,
Don;t waist time just remove it anyway to be safe so you don't brake anything.;)

Any other question PM an I'll give ya my cell phone #

·
Registered
23 Posts
Tower brace

Haveight you said the kenny brown tower brace did not fit. How far off is it? Is the KB blower taller or is it the throttle body etc. in the way. I am looking at the KB blower but I have the Kenny Brown tower brace. Thanks. Wonder if it could be made to fit.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jack I see you have found the board, still got the F250 or diid yas get a PSD, we'll how have ya been lately, give me a call some time. Let me know when your coming back through these parts, and yes its much louder.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Aren't you funny Soap, I just had thlem fix some more things as well today, and they didn't even charge me, again.

Got a question for ya Soap, what stays on while your cranking the engine this new boost guage need s to be hooked up to a power source that maintains power even while the engine is cranking. Any help is appericated.

Other than that took her out last night and let her rip, awesome forgot to reconnect the power to the boost a pump. Serious Detanation in 3rd gear but boy did I get there quick, thinking of some new ideas to try.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Haveight-- you have probably been asked this 1000 times but, when do you plan to dyno? If and when you do, what boost level and octane will you try? If you don't want to give that info out yet thats cool. I am just really interested to see some more dyno #'s from the KB and see how the stock trans holds up.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Haveight said:
Got a question for ya Soap, what stays on while your cranking the engine this new boost guage need s to be hooked up to a power source that maintains power even while the engine is cranking. Any help is appericated.
Radio maybe.
How about the power line that goes to the headlight switch cluster.

Email me if you need some help.

--Joe

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I figured it out I just ran it off the igintion, installing a boost guage that has its own MAp sensor is a real PITA.

I will dyno with pump gas probably 15#'s to start.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts