Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how much the intake is going to cost?

and i've read many horror stories about erson regrinds destroying springs. Does this hold true with the HP and SHM cams? Just curious...thanks

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
$1400 for the RR intake.I have HP cams and have NEVER heard of a spring breakage.You do have to run aftermarket springs,but they should be fine.The same for the SHM cams,never heard of a 2 valve busting a spring with them.The reason these 2 cams haven't had an issue is because of thier lift.The other cams on the market popping springs are a higher lift cam.

Tim

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey cobra killer

i've seen your car, Jason was tuning my car at higgins after the forged bottom end, and ur car was in the very back with the ass end up in the air. There was also a black 02 gt getting a blower/intercooler put in, and that silver gt with the SHM set up. Quite a nice set of cars, i was jealous of their HP b/c im still running stock heads and a vortech:vomit:

thanks for the info

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
your hood was up, thats not the only thing it had :D

the only thing i saw it didnt have was inter/after cooler

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
It's not intercooled because its being built to run Renegade.They donot allow coolers in that class...LOL,guess you saw it all gutted to hell..:D
its at home now ,Im just about finished putting it back together.

Ya,its got a few other things done to it,but not much....;)

Tim

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lemme know when u blow it up and start all over with new parts, i'll buy some stuff i need :shocked

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
same here (knock on wood)...instead of doing the headswap, i did a forged bottom end. Now i dont worry about blowing it up, but im terribly slow :mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts