1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
kind of a major loss in torque.:confused:

·
Registered
59 Posts
woooo hoooo +6hp and -20 lbft . That's money well spent. Although on a blower car the gains would be worthwhile...

·
Registered
329 Posts
more like -25.4ftlbs. not good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
From what I can gather the 99+ plastic intake can support around 280RWHP with ported heads,cams, long tubes ect. IF you have parts capable of more HP and can turn 7000+ RPM then an aftermarket intake will be NEEDED. I wish they would have tried this intake on such a vehicle as I think that is where the market is. At 240 RWHP the plastic intake isn't a problem. Plus after looking at the numbers some revisions will need to be made to the intake to regain lost torque. Revise the intake and put it on a car that already makes 280+ RWHP for best results. IMHO

·
Registered
10 Posts
He was referring to an N/A application. I'm sure he's seen the results from the blown app. He means there is not a flow restriction from the stock intake WHEN YOUR N/A up to around 280rwhp, then it becomes a restriction.

I'm really interested in buying one now, but I want to find out what is involved first. I know I'll have to get a custom pipe from my intercooler to the throttle body, but what parts/modifications are needed to totally finish the job???

Where is RR located???

·
Registered
289 Posts
If they can get the low end close to that of stock and pick up the high end RPM power then it will be a good intake for the 280RWHP crowd as John mentioned. One big thing against the intake though is the fact that it's not Modular Shootout legal. Maybe if they can get the head count up enough they could start a pro type 2v NA class and this would be allowed but if you start putting cars with sheet metal intakes in that class even less people with bother running.

Bill

·
Registered
180 Posts
With results like that, maybe the N/A cars with that should run in the V6 class. :jawdrop

Joe

·
Registered
207 Posts
The Reichard Racing Intake WILL NOT be legal in either the 2V NA or the 2V Power adder classes...

Jeff

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
BAH!!Damn rule makers are retards.:D You talk to the NMRA regularly?They shot the intake down as well.FFW has approved it for Renegade.Atleast George is easy to work with.:)
Looks like Im stuck with my Bullit intake for now..

Tim

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can someone explain to me why any one of them wouldn't allow it to be used??? I've never understood why they would not approve something like that??? Sounds silly for them not to allow a silly intake. I mean, its available for anyone to buy, so what is the point??? Some sort of advantage I don't know about????:confused:

·
Registered
180 Posts
BlackCobra99Va said:
The Reichard Racing Intake WILL NOT be legal in either the 2V NA or the 2V Power adder classes...

Jeff
Hey Jeff, does this mean the MODULARSHOOTOUT RULES ARE COMPLETE, BUT NOT RELEASED DUE TO OTHER REASONS?? Please tell us whether or not the rules are done, and if they are, the reason why they are not released! Is it due to scheduling or maybe sponsorship????

joe

·
Registered
60 Posts
4V PA
4V N/A
2V PA
2V N/A

Are out! I was just reading up!

·
Registered
289 Posts
boostedgt said:
Can someone explain to me why any one of them wouldn't allow it to be used??? I've never understood why they would not approve something like that??? Sounds silly for them not to allow a silly intake. I mean, its available for anyone to buy, so what is the point??? Some sort of advantage I don't know about????:confused:
Because it's a race only piece regardless how the company is trying to push it. The idea behind the class is street type cars.

Bill

·
Registered
9 Posts
street type cars lightened to 2900 pounds? HELP I'm 300# too heavy now and I have to put a roll bar in to boot.

·
Registered
289 Posts
John Edwards said:
street type cars lightened to 2900 pounds? HELP I'm 300# too heavy now and I have to put a roll bar in to boot.
WHAT? Your kidding right? If that is the case I'm now 400# too heavy and plan on a roll bar very soon. What where they thinking when dropping the weight that much. Is that even possible with a 96+ car without cutting the floorboards out of the car?

Bill

·
Registered
180 Posts
hahahahaha. sorry couldn't help it.

joe

1 - 20 of 42 Posts