Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Jim said i would have one to test this week. They have to make a throttle linkage bracket. The car is on the dyno waiting.
The proto type is a but unrefined he says the production intakes will be nicer looking. Also darton sleeves has a new kit to make a 3.750 bore. and deck plates to make a 4.6 into a 5.4 can you say 368 cid 5.4 ...... with an aluminum block later turbo54

·
Registered
43 Posts
That intake is sweet looking. I saw one a few weeks ago on a "Dino" motor. It was all aluminum like the one above. Supposedly it cost the guy like $2700 to have it made. Downside is that I didn't find out how much HP it made.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Well, I am glad to see that we are getting some options. It looks okay, a little ruff, but I am sure they will clean it up a bit before the release. Now let see some numbers! If that thing can out flow the Bullitt, I'm in.

Derrick

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Typical B.S. as usual.Ya know,we FINALLY get a freakin aftermarket intake and NMRA considers it a fabricated sheetmetal intake.
Randy,can you see what you can do with them.I emailed them and he refered me to the line that says "only production style intakes,no sheetmetal/fabricated intakes."
This is going to be a production intake.We dont have 20 freakin intakes to choose from like the 5.0 crowd.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Cobra Killer ,

Could you find out if Higgins will be available for a dyno session between the 20 Dec 02 till 2 Jan 02 . I would like to redyno the car with the pulley swap to see whats going on .

Shoulda came to Montgomery this past Saturday for our Stangnet vs LS1.com gathering . We had 113 cars

I ran 10.50's all day with crappy 60fts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Brian,
I wish I could have made it.I'll check for you.They will get you in no problem.Whats up with JMS,i thought they tuned your car..Chris just not have a open slot ?

Tim

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just wanted to dyno it to see what it was making with the pulley swap.

I live on the east side of B'ham off I-20 so it would be alot closer

I am going to go to JMS in January with the new intake on for a retune probably

·
Registered
60 Posts
Turbo54 said:
Jim said i would have one to test this week. They have to make a throttle linkage bracket. The car is on the dyno waiting.
The proto type is a but unrefined he says the production intakes will be nicer looking. Also darton sleeves has a new kit to make a 3.750 bore. and deck plates to make a 4.6 into a 5.4 can you say 368 cid 5.4 ...... with an aluminum block later turbo54
Thats it Turbo! Give away my future H/S parts!:D I still think you should do the darton sleeve in your engine! They just emailed me some pics today, so I will try to get them up on the server tonight and post them.

Here they are along with their new main stud girdle......

Darton Wet sleeve kit for 3.800 bore 4.6

Darton Deck plate and wet sleeve kit to make an Alum. 5.4

Darton Main Stud Girdle

·
Registered
16 Posts
yea yea yea, you the one who showing the pics hehe!!!! Jim called tonight will have an intake this weekend. How about an aluminum 5.4 block? well deck extention not alowed in nmra. Hope to have an aluminum block before bradenton . Got a few ideas for to think about give me a call or email later turbo54

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's here the new reichard intake in living color will be on the car tonight and dynoing tomorrow. We are doing a n/a car as well
will post results as soon as they are availible. Later turbo54

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cool...

Randy,
Any thoughts on how to get the NMRA to allow this thing?I REALLY want this intake.........:D

Tim

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
James Lawrence emailed me from the NMRA..He is going to look more at the intake..I hope they allow this thing.They should,the modular 2 valve has no aftermarket unlike the 5.0's I have to compete against.

Give me the intake,and I wont ask for anything else..I wont need anything else..;)

Tim

·
Registered
119 Posts
I personally dont think it will he N/A cars you may gaine some hp but you will lose torq

thats the only problem I saw with the synoe yea it made more rwhp you also lost 25# torq

they should work on a getting the runners alittle bigger so it would be good on both cars

·
Registered
36 Posts
That intake is extremely pretty, but yet is still just for the PI heads.

Us 96-98 guys never get anything cool, damn it. :mad:

·
Registered
1 Posts
yeeeeeeeeeeeeah

It does suck that the PI headed mod-motors get all the mods dispite that a well worked set of NPI heads can out flow a set of PI heads, and the SVO heads use a similar port shape to that of the NPI heads. It makes no sense to me at all!!! :shocked

Until then I'll just stick with the bored out intake of mine. (Though I need to get the lower composit part ported a little bit.)

Cheers :cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts