Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just of curiosity, since I've replaced all my stock idlers and stock blower belt tensioner, is there a need to replace the idlers behind the pulley bridge? I see no company makes a replacement for those. Are these idlers good for life?

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Just of curiosity, since I've replaced all my stock idlers and stock blower belt tensioner, is there a need to replace the idlers behind the pulley bridge? I see no company makes a replacement for those. Are these idlers good for life?
Do you need[/] to replace them, no. Can you, sure. They are the same as any other aftermarket idler, just make sure you get the correct size.

Only reason to replace the blower belt idlers (aside from aesthetics) is because with lower pulleys and people using super tight belts the OEM idlers are not made to handle that kind of additional stress.

--Joe

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
2 of my stock 6-rib ilders had bad bearings at only 13000 miles. Not bad to the point of failing, but rough and dragging compared to the good ones. I just pressed out the old bearings, and pressed in new ones.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Yes, Replace Them. I Had A Chirping Idler. Took All 9 (smooth And Ribbed) I Believe And Changed Them. All The Idlers Front And Back. Smooth As A Babies Butt Now.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I Oredered It From Ford, Got The 6 Rib Smooth, 6 Rib Ribbed, 8 Rib Smooth, And 8 Rib Ribbed. Ps. Talk To Steve At Tousley Ford.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts