Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

First post! HI, I'm Brad :D

I just installed a Steeda radiator in my 99 while the engine is out and getting worked. I was wondering if there is a good low-profile replacement for the OEM cooling fan? Maybe a dual fan setup?

I haven't been able to find any information on a replacement so if you know something please chime in!

Thanks,
Brad

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hm

Not really.. most of the electric fans don't flow as much as the stock one. It's a very good fan.

I do have a twin 7.5" SPAL setup on my car but it's only rated to flow about 1900 cfm combined. You need around 3000 cfm on a street car with a/c.

·
Registered
98 Posts
yup

No prob. I will let you all know how the twin 7.5" fans work out though. I'm praying they will be enough but I doubt it. We'll see.

On another car, I have had good success with the Flex-a-Lite FLX-210 setup I believe. Summit has them for like $200 or something, I can't remember. They are a little loud but I have a few friends who use them with great success. I have had good success with it on my fiance's Lexus ES300. In case u need that low-profile setup..

·
Registered
316 Posts
Bringing this post back from the dead. Does anyone know what size the factory fan is on an 03 Cobra, and how many cfms it flows?

I know Spal came out with a 16" that flows 3000 cfms. I need a slim line fan but it needs to be at least as efficient as the stock, if not more.

·
Registered
60 Posts
2kx2 said:
Bringing this post back from the dead. Does anyone know what size the factory fan is on an 03 Cobra, and how many cfms it flows?

I know Spal came out with a 16" that flows 3000 cfms. I need a slim line fan but it needs to be at least as efficient as the stock, if not more.
I am using the 16" Spal fan and it cools much better than the stock fan. 96-04 stock Mustang fans flow the same amount so there is no advantage to upgrading to a newer model.

Be careful of any CFM quotes. I haven't found any consistency with them. I do not buy the 2700 cfm figure for the stock fan, based on my experience.

Chris

·
Registered
85 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
i've been looking for a good fan/radiator cooling setup for some time now. after all the leaking issues people had with Fluidynes and griffen or C&R I can't remember.. not making anything for us I just threw my hands up. Taking a page from the supra community I was talking to Zirgo Fans about a porduct that may work and I believe they have a dual fan setup that will produce 3,400 CFM for us in a slim design.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have heard that Zirgo over-rates their fans. I haven't heard anything bad about SPAL and know that Ron Davis uses them, so they can't be that bad.

·
Registered
85 Posts
THE MARKVIII FAN is your best bet, as well as the cheapest.
4000cfm for under $100!

·
Registered
85 Posts
2kx2 said:
I need a slimline fan though for clearance for twin turbos.
it's a little less than 5"...that's too deep?
plus, im sure you could trim it up a bit for more clearance.

·
Registered
251 Posts
2kx2 said:
I have heard that Zirgo over-rates their fans. I haven't heard anything bad about SPAL and know that Ron Davis uses them, so they can't be that bad.
funny I've not seen much on the Zirgo in the way of over rating CFMs however I have seen them under rate their products.. :blink:

badass98svt said:
it's a little less than 5"...that's too deep?
plus, im sure you could trim it up a bit for more clearance.
it's not bad at all, but you can go smaller.. for the price it's great but I'm going single with a sullivans and I need all the room I can get.. I'll definetly keep it in mind as a possible solution..

·
Registered
316 Posts
I know the SPAL is 3.5" deep. It is rated at 3300cfms. I hope the Zirgo isn't underated. It's advertised flow rate is higher than SPAL and it is cheaper too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
bump from the past!!!!

Has anyone found a successful slim design cooling fan ???
I need the space up front for my vortech aftercooler and the stock fan is too bulky.

·
Registered
167 Posts
bumpin up this old thread again, I'm also looking for a slim cooling fan that can give me some extra breathing room in the engine bay. thanks everyone

1 - 19 of 19 Posts