Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel a familar, unsettling air in the room. I felt this same thing before SSOTN feel apart. It has to deal with respect. Respect for your peers, friends and the people you do business with. Its never about having the upper hand or being ahead of another(unless its on the track). I applaud Pete's efforts in the area of 03 Cobra evolution. His gains are our gains, no matter how you look at it. On the other hand I RESPECT the fact that this is the Amazon Racing forum, and as such, it's subscriber's need to understand that. This forum was not designed to increase any Performance shop's customer base. It was designed to share one's experience in the area of 03 Technology. Remember when SSOTN first started up the forum for the 03 Cobra. Even at that time, Rick informed me about a forum over on ModularFords.com and invited me to join. I did, but rarely ever saw a post while SSOTN was hot and heavy. Now we, the subscriber's got ourselves into a pissing contest and ruined it. Not one person, but many, and I'm no saint for it either. So here was Amazon Racing's 03 Cobra Forum. Sitting here, ready for use. We welcomed it with open arms(keyboards) because we had no where else to go for Technical info other than SVTP(weed through the Polls). Rick and Eric welcomed us. Didn't place bunches of restrictions on us. Provided Vendors with their own forum to advertise.But here we find ourselves in familar territory. Fellas, this is exactly what happened at SSOTN. I applaud and appreciate what all vendors have done in the area of 03 Cobra, research and development. If it wasn't for you guys, I'm sure my Cobra would be stock. Enjoyable, but not like a modded snake.
Let's up the RESPECT level a notch, and continue to enjoy this forum for a long, long time. Thanks for your paitence in reading this.......BO

·
Registered
661 Posts
I agree, and thank you , I do realy like helping, and dont like the battering, I work on these cars all day , and like to give some omput, and help , hopefully good help . I to will calm down,
peace :)

I'll let it out at Atco no the 30th :shocked

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good luck at ATCO Pete. Fill us in when you get back.....BO

·
Registered
661 Posts
I will post it all , The mag. may not here it lol
03snake said:
Good luck at ATCO Pete. Fill us in when you get back.....BO
:)

·
Registered
325 Posts
03snake

I am glad someone has stepped up to the plate. I am still knew to these forums and I have noticed also that many here as to some others in another forum, (hint, hint) don't have or don't show the respect that many of you distributors and tuners deserve. It seems that it takes more time to bash some one in these forums than it does to modify my darn car, and I am poor if that tells you anything! So come on everyone, lets respect everyones thoughts and opinions and if you disagree, then talk to us and not at us. :rolleyes:
Now that is said, if we could get some distributors and tuners that would open some shops in Tennesee, then that would make me happier than a baby with a clean diaper. :)

·
Registered
309 Posts
MineralGray03 said:
Now that is said, if we could get some distributors and tuners that would open some shops in Tennesee, then that would make me happier than a baby with a clean diaper. :)
Delk performance, near Nashville. They have a beautiful shop with a Dyno and wideband A/F. I believe they tune Autologic chips. Have no experience with them, just know they are there. That is about the only full Mustang shop I know of in Tennessee. Any others, Anyone?

·
Registered
7 Posts
It helps newer people

When we first traded the '01 for the '03 I went on an internet quest to find out *anything*, there is no huge database of info to tap into like you have a 302. I have been to some of the most vile sites you could imagine, prob. so have many people on this forum. So I am not thin skinned. I have flamed my fair share of punks.

One guy at SVT Perf. posted a clutch fix for me that looked like a NASA TSB, other sites it was wax or Zaino debates amongst people that couldn't infate a tire. Or people making fun of the Terminator -F**K U MF! Big man behind the keyboard. I don't make fun of peoples anything, if they love Fairmont's so what?

The only problem I can see is if someone who just bought a car, they *are* making 12000, comes to this or any site and sees what looks like harsh infighting between senior members will moonwalk away.

It seems like shooting yourself in the foot to a degree, at the very least alienating newbies. Not just here but in any group. Even a club. If I was going to join another car club, walked up to them and another member said "Don't talk to that moron", I would just leave.

This is just MHO, it is your sight - do what you want with it.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: It helps newer people

ltv1 said:
When we first traded the '01 for the '03 I went on an internet quest to find out *anything*, there is no huge database of info to tap into like you have a 302. I have been to some of the most vile sites you could imagine, prob. so have many people on this forum. So I am not thin skinned. I have flamed my fair share of punks.

One guy at SVT Perf. posted a clutch fix for me that looked like a NASA TSB, other sites it was wax or Zaino debates amongst people that couldn't infate a tire. Or people making fun of the Terminator -F**K U MF! Big man behind the keyboard. I don't make fun of peoples anything, if they love Fairmont's so what?

The only problem I can see is if someone who just bought a car, they *are* making 12000, comes to this or any site and sees what looks like harsh infighting between senior members will moonwalk away.

It seems like shooting yourself in the foot to a degree, at the very least alienating newbies. Not just here but in any group. Even a club. If I was going to join another car club, walked up to them and another member said "Don't talk to that moron", I would just leave.

This is just MHO, it is your sight - do what you want with it.
There's no finger-pointing going on here in this post. I basically stated the obvious. This forum is for Tech related issues concerning the 03, at least that what I gather from the post concerning rules. There is also a vendor forum on this site that is to be used by all the vendors that come here. My point I was trying to make is that here in the Tech forum, questions can be asked and answered, but the advertisments should go to the vendor forum. This forum is hosted by a vendor of aftermarket 03 parts, but he doesn't shove them down my throat, nor should anyone else. I feel, that if a question is answered about parts related info concerning price, where to buy, etc.... that the answer should be referring the poster to the vendor forum where all those questions and answers belong. New posters would not know this, and need to be guided along that path. The remainder of us know better!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts