Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I went to the track and came back with good news and bad news. The good is the car went [email protected] (Race weight around 3,550lbs.) Not bad, but I think it would have went better if thee track would hook. the 60' on that pass was a 1.67 and the 1/8 was a [email protected] This pass was made with all seats in the car and the wing on too!! I plan on trying to take some weight out next time.
More good is that the stock t-45 held up another day of beating!!!
The bad is that the clutch is slipping some going into 3rd gear and a little in 4th. It is a SPEC stage 4. I plan on doing something about this when i do a new tranny. Has anyone had any good luck with anything stronger than this clutch? (such as a twin disc set-up or a sintered Iron clutch?) Also, how much more does a twin disc weigh than a single?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
WAY TO GO STEVE!! :) That MPH is awesome! As far as a clutch goes you will probably have to get a twin disk long style setup like I have ordered. My Stage 4 SPEC never made it past 3700rpms on the dyno before it let go. :( I would take some weight out of that thing and get a clutch in it and you should be good for a low 10 second pass. good luck!

Chad

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Chad,
Which one did you order? Also, where and how much$$$?
Any idea if it weighs more than the single disc?
Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I am waiting on a return call with all the specifics today or tommorow, I will let you know what I find out (Price,weight, availability) soon!!

Chad

·
Registered
137 Posts
Steve ,

Congrats on your new times dude , thats awesome . Get that 60 ft down a lil more and watch those times come on down some more ..

take care

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have been using the FMS Billet flywheel and McLeod sintered Iron clutch disc with the Tremec TKO trans for about 1 year now. This set up holds very well, Mclead said that it should hold well up to 700-750rwhp. So far with over 530rwhp there is no slip at all. We will see in a few weeks after the JT trim S/C on the new built motor. The only problem I have had is flywheel wear, when I pulled the blown motor I found that after only 2,800 miles it ate up the flywheel pretty bad. I had it reserfaced and the speed shop had to cut it down 1/8 of an inch to clean it up!!!! I am afraid that in another 3,000 miles I will have to buy a new clutch ,disc and flywheel. I am looking into the Mcleod twin disc set up also, I am told that it will be good for close to 1000rwhp and it has a lighter clutch pedal pressure. I hope this helps. thanks, Jeff B. (1BAD98)

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I just found out that my clutch did NOT slip on the dyno (it shows zero signs of slippage) so it must have been making some pretty awesome power and spinning the tires. Twin-disk long style Mcleoud is still going in.

Chad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts