Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What is the "proper" way to feed the fuel rails with fuel on high HP applications? Right now I have I have the line coming in the back of the pass bank, crosses over to the drivers bank up front, and then returns back to the tank through the rear of the driver side rail.

I didnt have issues with gas but since im swithcing over to E85 with a larger pump and injectors I just want to be sure. Some people say you need to Y the line from the pump and feed each reail seperate, others say I'll be fine.

Who makes big HP and KNOWS what works?

Thanks

· Registered
2,075 Posts
Your supposed to have your main feed going into a y block then straight into each side of the rails. Then the other side of the rails feeds into both sides of the regulator. From there a return line comes out the bottom of the regulator and back to the tank

· Registered
802 Posts
Your supposed to have your main feed going into a y block then straight into each side of the rails. Then the other side of the rails feeds into both sides of the regulator. From there a return line comes out the bottom of the regulator and back to the tank
that is how I did mine!...

· Registered
1,054 Posts
It doesn't matter if your fuel rails are feed in parallel or in serie, the pressure will be the same all the way. Fluid dynamic. Just do it the way it look's cleaner

· Registered
270 Posts
^Right, but what about volume of fuel available for the injectors? Will he ones furthest away from the pump will have a potential to "starve"?

· Registered
1,343 Posts
As long as the reg. is on the opposite end of the rails, in comparison to the feeding point...then it is fine.

Parallel, in series, it works.

I prefer the Y, in both rails, out and meet at FPR. (like LS1KILR mentioned)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.