Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a definitive list of parts needed for the conversion. I saw it on the web before and forget where. Does anyone know all the parts needed and total cost? Thanks.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Mine went this way.

Sending unit from a 98GT.
Fuel Rails from a 97GT,
Kirban Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator.
ATI adjustable FMU, although with 42's you probably wont need it.
Walbro 255lph in-line pump.
Braided Fuel line.

I am not sure the fitting sizes Larocca used.

Larocca chip.

Total cost with install was around $1K.

Why do you want to go return? You'll find if you park it in your garage, the fuel smell will be pretty harsh. Jim V has the same issue. If you want to get rid of it, go with Teflon fuel line, but be ready to open up the piggy bank.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Although the 03 cobra setup works for most I would like a little more piece of mind with the return style setup. My new motor with heads and cams is going in soon and It's a little nerve-wracking as you don't want anything to go wrong even though it does($hit happens). I will take the fuel lines into account . Thanks.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Don't know if you want to use the teflon lines for fuel or oil. The reason being, if they ever kink, because of the inner teflon lining, they stay kinked.

·
Registered
182 Posts
jimfitzgerald said:
I can't park mine in the garage. Otherwise, I'm afraid the gas hot water heater will blow the house up. Someone told me to switch from Earl's fuel line to some other brand, but I don't remember what.
JIM, that's funny. My garage was on the other side of the wall from my Hot water and HVAC. And better yet, Master Bedroom above garage. A few sleepless nights, thinking BOOM!!!!

If the '03 pump was available back in 99, never would have gone with return system.

·
Registered
182 Posts
b1nyc said:
Although the 03 cobra setup works for most I would like a little more piece of mind with the return style setup. My new motor with heads and cams is going in soon and It's a little nerve-wracking as you don't want anything to go wrong even though it does($hit happens). I will take the fuel lines into account . Thanks.
Unless your talking 650+, then I would go with the '03 setup. You could always replace it, and I bet you would get decent $$ for the setup used.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Brian: I bought a complete "return style" fuel system last year for my Stang but went with the '03 Cobra setup. If you want the one that I have, (complete kit w/rails, lines, pump, etc.) then let me know. Mine's never been used, and I'll save you some serious $$$. :)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
b1nyc said:
The 03 setup works fine with good power.Im not even think of running out of steam with my 03 setup.Maxing a few mafs but not the fuel setup.

No worries at all .Stock lines,rails and all.It works great.

Plus unknown to alot of peaple there is a upgrade to the 03 cobra setup :D

·
Registered
482 Posts
Induction Concepts said:
Don't know if you want to use the teflon lines for fuel or oil. The reason being, if they ever kink, because of the inner teflon lining, they stay kinked.
I thought that oil was one of the intended applications for the teflon lines so it didn't deteriorate the line? A few people said I could either use a teflon line for the oil supply for the turbo, or just replace the line every few years to prevent a problem.

Brian, just go 03cobra.....add a BAP if you want....or the "upgrade". That will be more than enough of a safety margin for you, plus it's a lot easier....and that setup has been proven to work. I was going return style until I saw the progress the guys were making and went 03. $.02

·
Registered
39 Posts
enoughs a nuff, whats this 03 cobra pump upgrade? spill the beans. or else!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah guys stop holding out. Are you guys just putting bigger dual pumps on? I guess I'll just stick with the 03 setup Pete. It will work out cheaper as I already have it. Sitting in my garage. I don't want that problem with the fuel smell as my car is kept in my garage and I would be paranoid with the furnace and all that lawn equipment nearby. Thanks.:evil

1 - 12 of 12 Posts